PDA

View Full Version : Simmons 22 Mag Scopes

VancouverSkiBum
05-23-2013, 05:45 AM
What do you guys think of this. I understand its cheap, but has anyone used it before? I just got a .22 mag and this seems appropriate for a "rifle to scope" price ratio.

http://www.simmonsoptics.com/riflescopes/22_mag.cfm

They want 55$ + Tax. It doesn't have an AO, and i don't particularly care. Its the 3-9x32 black.

:shoot2:

mlehto
05-23-2013, 08:18 AM
They get pretty good reviews, and are very popular all over the rimfire forums.

That said I have had bad luck with cheap scopes, and am hesitant to go that route ever again.

Worst case your out $50 though.....

jwirecom109
05-23-2013, 08:20 AM
I run a Simmons scope on my 10/22 different then this one cost more and higher power but a great scope and no issues with it

JustBen
05-23-2013, 06:29 PM
The simmons scope will probably be fine for that application unless you plan on abusing it. I wouldn't take it to a centerfire rifle - you'd probably shorten the life considerably.

VancouverSkiBum
05-25-2013, 05:42 AM
I managed to find a Simmons 3-9x32 A/O silver with rings from amazon. Grabbed a UTG Tactical bipod as well and the total was around 90$ shipped. :bananna:

Stone Horse
05-26-2013, 08:18 PM
I had one mounted on a bolt action .223 for awhile before putting it back on my .22 rim fire. The optics are pretty good considering the price, holds zero and no issues so far. It's a inexpensive scope that seems to work for the intended application.

sk8r
05-27-2013, 05:39 AM
I have one on my Marlin 22Mag - no complaints, no problems. Fantastic really, for the price. :)

Satain
05-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Les never had an issue with his and he has bagged a "few" animals on the move with them too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDFcvuFDvU
http://predatorquest.com/web/products/scopes/

VancouverSkiBum
06-02-2013, 04:47 AM
I got my scope. Its quite nice... no plastic, turrets are covered with screw on caps, nice clear glass and reticule. The rings are old style and dont fit bases, so I had to get others. And... They advertised it as having an AO, but it didnt... I think i will be writing a bad review.

mlehto
06-02-2013, 06:37 AM
I got my scope. Its quite nice... no plastic, turrets are covered with screw on caps, nice clear glass and reticule. The rings are old style and dont fit bases, so I had to get others. And... They advertised it as having an AO, but it didnt... I think i will be writing a bad review.

There is 2 different models of that scope. 1 with the AO, and one without.

Not sure if you might have missed the option to select the AO model.......

lone-wolf
06-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Are the turrets coin slot, or can you adjust them easily with your hand.
I got a bushnell rimfire scope, and the turret is adjustable with a coin or similar object only. Which to me is just a freaking stupid design.

VancouverSkiBum
06-02-2013, 07:03 PM
Not sure if you might have missed the option to select the AO model.......

It was just amazon not describing a product correctly.

They had put the correct title and product number, but in the 2 separate descriptions below its clearly stated that it had A/O. I realised this after I placed my order, and still could of cancelled it, but thought that it was still a good price if it didn't have the A/O. But the rings didn't fit either, which is mostly my fault, so this scope ended up costing me and extra 15$, still a fairly reasonable price overall.

VancouverSkiBum
06-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Are the turrets coin slot, or can you adjust them easily with your hand.
I got a bushnell rimfire scope, and the turret is adjustable with a coin or similar object only. Which to me is just a freaking stupid design.

You can turn them easily with your fingers, no coin needed. And yes, thats a poor design in my eyes. an added feature to prevent accidental clicks??

VancouverSkiBum
06-10-2013, 12:47 AM
After a day out shooting and a couple hundred rounds, and dropping my rifle on the scope from 2 feet, the zero never moved. It only took 6 rounds to sight in. At the end of the day i shot a paper target to see how it was.

I have yet to see if the clicks are true 1/4 MOA clicks.

http://i.imgur.com/IC9wsDK.jpg

superglide
10-07-2013, 11:53 AM
I have the simmons 22mag in silver on my Marlin Model 60ss, great scope with no issues, you will be better off with new/better rings anyway, I got rid of them right away because after all the research I did on this scope the only negative feedback was about the rings, anyone who's scope didn't hold a zero was because of the rings and as soon as they were replaced the problem was solved.