PDA

View Full Version : RIA/Armscor Bolt Action rifle in .22TCM

lone-wolf
06-04-2013, 06:15 PM
The .22tcm was described as a 9mm necked down to .22cal and with a velocity of 2800fps from a 40gr bullet.
The magazines for the pistol(double stack & which apparently work in the rifle as well) also handle 9mm, the pistol version can be converted between the 2 calibres with just a barrel swap.
Wouldn't it be cool if the rifle version could swap barrels? Well, nothing says they can. Oh well.
I still like the idea of what I hope to be a very short action ba rifle chambered in a very capable & hopefully accurate cartridge.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/22TCMrifle.png

jwirecom109
06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Looks like a nice fun rifle

lone-wolf
06-04-2013, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOhXHdsvUfg

Rory McCanuck
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM
That looks fun and useful.
If the action is built specifically for it, the throw should be short enough to cycle the action with hardly more than a flick of your finger.
Should be easy enough to reload/make, with readily available components.
Could be a gopher's absolute worst nightmare!
What do you figure, gophers to ~150 or so?

Rory McCanuck
06-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Hmmm, not really a 9mm necked down.
FF to about 4:00 to see it beside a 9mm.

http://youtu.be/BPzBuznJHCM

JustBen
06-04-2013, 09:49 PM
I really want one.

lone-wolf
06-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Hmmm, not really a 9mm necked down.

Just what I heard it described as.

150yrds should be easy for it(I hope). Same bullet weight of a .22mag, @ near 1000fps faster.

badboybeeson
06-05-2013, 03:41 PM
there is going to be Lots of armscor products on the Canadian market in late 2013

lone-wolf
06-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Cool!

cormiermc
06-05-2013, 06:30 PM
interesting, 2 new caliber on the market this year

lone-wolf
06-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I emailed canward who seem to be the exclusive importer of RIA/Armscor stuff, and this is the reply.

Hi

We are working to have the 22 TCM ammo approved in canada but we dont
when it will be able to sell them, since we need approval of canadian
govt and the demand is very high in USA

thanks

Canward inc

> I was wondering if you had any intentions on bringing in .22TCM ammo
> & guns, specifically the TCM 22 Rifle?

lone-wolf
04-18-2016, 12:43 PM
I still think one of these rifles would be dandy, I'd shorten the barrel though. Does that little cartridge really need 24" to burn all it's powder??
Might be something I'd have a red dot on instead of a scope. Use within 100yrds. Anything further I'll grab a scoped .223
Would cause me to abandon .22rimfire bolt guns

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/20151122_143156-660x371.jpg

elimsprint
07-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Kurt Bellm of Bellm TC fame, in this mornings news letter, says you can make ammo from cut down .223 cases. Here's an excerpt,

The 22 TCM is based on the 5.56mm NATO shortened to that the should is approximately same length as a 38 SUPER and designed to feed from a common PARA ORD P18 style double colum mag or their own single stack mag A1 option. I had a pile of lake city brass laying around I could use to cut down and form for the TCM but the loaded ammo is so inexpensive why bother, so the several hundred dollar question is how would it perform?

Well I just had to find out first hand so as soon as I got home I ordered my 1911 A2 TAC and half case of Armscor ammo. At the time I couldn’t get my hands on their Armscor rifle and prairie dogs were out of season but I’ll be honest I’ve never had so much fun burning up that first few hundred rounds through that 1911 A2. Incredibly accurate and fun to shoot, I never once installed the 9mm barrel on my little flame breathing dragon until several years later just to try it. I am hooked on the TCM!

Knowing it would be a while before a chamber reamer would be available, all I could do at the time was backorder the rifle which actually came in before I expected and just in time for the season. While I do have some minor complaints about the rifle all are shadowed by the incredible fit, finish and impressive accuracy. It just flat shoots great and looks good too, what more can you ask for when the complete rifle costs less than another barrel for my T/C? I feel like I’ve kept an incredible secret to myself for way too long, it’s time you too know about the king of cute MICRO MAGS, 22TCM.

Out of my G2 the 22TCM is a winner! Does dang near everything my .223 will do at the effective distances I shoot but at half the cost. Almost no recoil the ladies and kids love it. I’ve got a great selection of 22LR barrels for the G2, both rifle and pistol length, blued and stainless, set aside for our next chambering run coming up soon. In addition to chambering we offer cut/crowns, scope base installs, etc. For the Encore owners I just don’t have a barrel to work from, the out of production 22lr barrels were off centered and are not candidates for a rechamber so I recommend MGM for a barrel already chambered or one we chamber using our coax throating process. I would not recommend a faster than 22LR twist rate, not needed. If you happen to have a 22lr G2 barrel laying around that has been shot a bunch or just isn’t getting used reach out to my father to setup sending in for chambering,

The RIA TCM bolt gun is an incredible value and will impress anyone for the money. Fit and function is good, the stock is beautiful. The barrel length is mis printed, actually 23 inches to utilize the rounds blazing speed potential. My only complaint was the scope base rail and it took several trys to find a scope ring that worked well, Hawke optics makes a ring in high height that works perfect. Comes with 5 round magazines but also accepts the A2 P18 magazines which come in 17 round or an abbreviated state compliant 10 round double stack. Backed by RIA limited lifetime warranty and at a price point that just makes sense, this rifle is a varmint hunters dream.

wolver
07-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Very interesting ... I think.

Ohno
07-04-2016, 07:11 PM
price point? and ammo availability?
Also can we get the 1911's also chambered in 22tcm?

lone-wolf
07-04-2016, 07:14 PM
price point? and ammo availability?
Also can we get the 1911's also chambered in 22tcm?

Already seen one of the .22tcm 1911s for sale on the used market. Have to currently be imported in for a new one afaik
Ammo doesn't seem to exist here yet though:

We are working to have the 22 TCM ammo approved in canada but we dont
when it will be able to sell them, since we need approval of canadian
govt and the demand is very high in USA

Satain
07-05-2016, 01:30 PM
Shot 1 and liked it but finding ammo is like looking for hens teeth.

Edward Teach
07-05-2016, 09:31 PM
How about brass and dies?

Import
07-05-2016, 09:35 PM
I mailed everyone about it...including the 'cfo' office.....as armscorp are the only manufacturer...I didn't make any progress....but I have a couple of dealers looking into it.....I really want to try the 1911 in 22tcm....sounds like fun...for now if you can find them...at least they come with a 9mm barrel as well....so not completely useless......

Petamocto
07-05-2016, 09:42 PM
The main drawback I see against it with a casing that fat is giving up on capacity.

If you want a small projectile and high velocity, what's wrong with 22WMR or 17HMR? A lot more rounds per mag.

Mark-II
07-06-2016, 05:55 AM
That and having to trim cases because bottleneck...

I wasn't aware that ammunition had to be approved. I know that certain types are prohib, but that relates to the nature of the projectile.

lone-wolf
07-06-2016, 10:37 AM
The main drawback I see against it with a casing that fat is giving up on capacity.

If you want a small projectile and high velocity, what's wrong with 22WMR or 17HMR? A lot more rounds per mag.

.22tcm is faster, & reloadable. Still going to be limited to 10rds in a pistol. Not really more rounds per mag in practice, as most bolt actions factory magazines have 5 and 10rd magazines too.
.22wmr is a great cartridge too imo, I love it.