PDA

View Full Version : LA Police Gear Operator Tactical Pants w/ Elastic Waistband

lone-wolf
06-14-2013, 06:37 PM
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/policestuff_2268_1155069320

I've been wearing these types of pants for almost every day since 2010ish so I think I know what to expect.

The Bad:
#1 The zipper is garbage and will break at some point.
#2 The button will also likely fall off.

The Good:
- Except for the above mentioned items, the pant material is lasting without issue. I had a little bit of stitching come off in the fly area of one pair(tiny bit, still wear them as is), but out of half a dozen pairs - or more, that's the only one that seems to have any noticeable stitching failure.
- Lots of pockets
- I wear them casually and at work. Work isn't a desk job either.
- $20 for a pair. Shipping is reasonable from LA Police Gear.
- Lightweight, good for summer.

Other:
- 5.11 Tactical pants have a better zipper by far, and generally better fly area. They also cost quite a bit more.
- The shorts version of these pants are also a summer favourite of mine.

FlyingHigh
06-14-2013, 07:29 PM
You beat me to the review on these. :)

I own the LAPG Operator Pants without an elastic waistband and with the lower leg pockets as well as a couple pairs of the the ones you reviewed. I also have about 6 pairs of the shorts version, without elastic waistband.

My opinion:

- I hate elastic wast bands. The fit and feel like crap on me. Also, I'm not 5 years old therefore I wear belts and don't need an elastic holding my pants up.

- The rest of the fit is great. Mobility and toughness is fantastic.

- The zipper did break on one pair.

- Whoever designed these things must read minds. All the extra stitching and double layers of material is right wear it should be. (butt, pocket corners for a knife, knees etc).

- The price is unbeatable.

lone-wolf
06-16-2013, 05:55 AM
- I hate elastic wast bands. The fit and feel like crap on me. Also, I'm not 5 years old therefore I wear belts and don't need an elastic holding my pants up.

Even with the elastic waistband, I still need a belt to keep em up if I'm doing any work. Just screwing around the house or something though, I don't need a belt.

- Whoever designed these things must read minds. All the extra stitching and double layers of material is right wear it should be. (butt, pocket corners for a knife, knees etc).
x2

I ordered some YKK zipper sliders online, so I'm going to see if it's an easy & cheap fix re:zipper breakage.