PDA

View Full Version : a good day!

BrotherRockeye
08-05-2013, 03:56 PM
up early to clouds and humidity...a good thing for baling hay that was bone dry last night when I got home.
Finished baling just after noon and was glad to have a bunch of bright green bales that hadn't been washed in the swath.
life's good.
the rain came just after 2pm so I got out of weeding the garden and finally had the time I needed to bench my .223
I've had it for a while now but haven't had time to play.
Savage mod 16 fluted stainless with monte carlo stock and detachable mag. I topped it with a Redfield Revenge 6-18x44...my new yote iron.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3710/wbc4.jpg
Built some starter rounds a few weeks back with WW brass and 25gr of varget under 55gr spsx.
I bore sighted the rifle a couple weeks ago and everything was sitting waiting for me to have time.
today was the day.
I bolted the lead sled down to the shelf in the shooting window and put the crosshairs on the 100yd target.
couple inches high and a bit right...
1/8" clicks so I'm doing math in my head to bring it in to where I want.
The next 3 are all in the same hole just a smidge left of where I want.
3 clicks right and this iron is dialed.
3 more to make sure and I'm smiling.
I'll chrony it next time I have a few minutes but I think I'll stick with the 25gr Varget. Accuracy is more important than speed to me so I think I've just had the fastest, easiest, load development/dial in ever for me.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4903/fauf.jpg
it's raining again so I didn't bother walking out to take a pic of the target...
...it's a good day... ;D

A corrupted individual
08-05-2013, 05:44 PM
That's a beautiful rifle.

BrotherRockeye
08-05-2013, 07:02 PM
thanks, it's a special order with features from the euro and american classic series...would still like a stainless scope for it but the ones I have are 3-9x40's and not enough x ...black will do for now.

Rory McCanuck
08-05-2013, 10:02 PM
The black offsets the stainless nicely, and goes with the tip of the forearm.
Nice when load development works out that easily!

BrotherRockeye
08-05-2013, 10:43 PM
black will do for now, I just prefer stainless on stainless.
edit above...it was FC brass and Quickload says they should be doin around 2953fps.
Hope to get time tomorrow to chrony that load to know for sure.
About right for the spsx and 1:9 barrel from what I've read.
Built a bunch more as the sun was setting...good end to a good day.