PDA

View Full Version : Looking for feedback on Kwik Klip or other DBM bottom metal

JustBen
08-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Did you know that new remington 700 SPS rifles withered factory DBM don't have feed rails in the action? Neither did I, until I put my new 270 into a Bell and Carlson stock with a BDL spring, follower, and box only to realize that it doesn't actually hold any ammo. Major bummer, because it looks and feels right. But I'm not about to carve up my B&C stock to fit a factory mag.

So! I've been looking into options like Kwik Klip. My only worry there is that it may limit my COAL. I've also looked at options like CDI or badger ordinance, but they seem costly. Can any one speak to the Kwik Klip option - the good, the bad, and the ugly?

If I can't use my fancy new stock, it's not the end of the world. I do have a remington action with feed rails that I can use. Granted, it's going to be a project of its own.

Satain
08-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Long action and cost effective but if you like all the bells and whistles then it's a badger or something like that I would look for.
As for having long rounds (As that is what I call them) then single loading avoids all the down falls of DMS that I have come across.