PDA

View Full Version : C.H.A.S 3 Gun DMR shoot

DOA
08-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I attended my 3rd event with this club today. The only downside was the low attendance, although it wasn't much of a downside since we all shot the 2 courses twice! The DMR was a fun run with increasing distances and different shooting positions. The shotgun & pistol course was my first time and way more fun than it looked. Close range targets taught me that although I can aim a firearm, I need to improve on handling and reloading for a better time/score.

Thank you C.H.A.S 3 Gun gang for taking the time to set up a great day and for being such a great group of people to spend time relieving myself of lead with. I learn more every time I get out and not once has someone scoffed at a dumb question or my lack of skill. I appreciate it and look forward to more shoots!

jonanddad
08-18-2013, 12:40 AM
Too bad I could not make it :( Sounds like it was fun!

stevesummit
08-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Yes sounds like a good shoot , being as this was only the second or third shoot I missed in the last couple years , it just happens to be a good one

killer kane
08-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Glad you enjoyed it, I've got something even better planned for door kicker pistol / shotgun in the future.

hercster
08-18-2013, 12:59 PM
I attended my 3rd event with this club today. The only downside was the low attendance, although it wasn't much of a downside since we all shot the 2 courses twice! The DMR was a fun run with increasing distances and different shooting positions. The shotgun & pistol course was my first time and way more fun than it looked. Close range targets taught me that although I can aim a firearm, I need to improve on handling and reloading for a better time/score.

Thank you C.H.A.S 3 Gun gang for taking the time to set up a great day and for being such a great group of people to spend time relieving myself of lead with. I learn more every time I get out and not once has someone scoffed at a dumb question or my lack of skill. I appreciate it and look forward to more shoots!

Welcome to the shooting world! I'm close to 70 and have bad knees that cause me to stagger/wobble from place to place and really object to kneeling and getting up from prone. So I'm SLOW but safe. I shoot every match of every sort that I can get to and have a great time. For the most part, the shooting sports are a wonderful fellowship. I've never been made to feel uncomfortable anywhere I've been. I shoot all winter in Texas and it's more of the same down there.

I just watched a video in which Jerry Miculek actually flubbed a reload! So the moral of the story is to be safe and have fun. The empties will fall where they may. :-)

killer kane
08-23-2013, 08:50 PM
We're going to be coming up with some other stuff soon, as well as some ideas to help out the more cash strapped of you.