PDA

View Full Version : Froglube and corrosive ammo

lone-wolf
08-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Shot some corrosive surplus ammo through my vz58 one day, and left it for a couple days.
Did the samething a couple years ago to an SKS, and ended up needing a 2x4 to the bolt carrier handle to open up the action again.
Yea, lots of surface rust. Humid area(I can see the ocean) and hot humid weather.
Anyways, the vz58, went to clean it, expecting the same result.
Nadda! Powder residue wiped right off. Nice.
Not sure if better metal used on the vz, or the froglube I cleaned the rifle with earlier, but in either case, the end was very good to see.

DOA
08-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Interesting and a nice surprise! Would be very cool if Frog Lube coated and protected it. Anyone want to run an experiment?

lone-wolf
08-25-2013, 03:37 PM
I'd love to see such an experiment

Satain
08-25-2013, 04:45 PM
Yep those sailor's loved how it stuck around in very salty seas. Just don't relay on it to work indefinitely. Eventually it will break down and the evil brown residue will resided once again in your favorite mil-surp ;)
Just don't ask how those frog men came up with the idea LOL!!!

Shakeyjake
09-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Shot some corrosive surplus ammo through my vz58 one day, and left it for a couple days.
Did the samething a couple years ago to an SKS, and ended up needing a 2x4 to the bolt carrier handle to open up the action again.
Yea, lots of surface rust. Humid area(I can see the ocean) and hot humid weather.
Anyways, the vz58, went to clean it, expecting the same result.
Nadda! Powder residue wiped right off. Nice.
Not sure if better metal used on the vz, or the froglube I cleaned the rifle with earlier, but in either case, the end was very good to see.

We'll that does it. Been humming & hawing about this stuff and your little story just pushed me over the edge. Ordering a small bottle today, and giving it a shot.

Forbes/Hutton
09-29-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't know why they change the taste and smell of FrogLube. Clearly it's made from Bacon cuz it makes miracles!

OutdoorPursuitsCanada
09-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Ya'll may have noticed in the latest issue of Calibre mag - we have all Froglube on sale right now. Add your 10% off GOC discount and its getting pretty close to cost.. :)
http://www.outdoorpursuitscanada.com/froglube/

Vigilant
09-30-2013, 01:07 PM
I've been using Froglube for the past year on everything I own. From my SKS, XCR ,VZ58, 870 and M14s. This stuff just works! I recommend it to anyone.

Sanman
10-02-2013, 09:41 AM
I've been using Froglube for the past year on everything I own. From my SKS, XCR ,VZ58, 870 and M14s. This stuff just works! I recommend it to anyone.

+1
Love the stuff, been using it for the past year!!