PDA

View Full Version : The Riddick series - anyone else waiting to see the latest?

YukonLeftie
08-29-2013, 11:09 PM
I happened to watch the trailer for the new Riddick movie coming out Sept 6. I found myself confused - at least till i read the Wiki.

Suffice it so say, not sure Im buying what is being told yet. How does he go from being the head of an entire freaking EMPIRE to back being hunted - on the original planet (apparently) that the whole mess started? I know the second movie was a bit under rated - though with perhaps the single best movie ending ever - but this doesnt seem to jive just yet.

Anyone else?

coastal
08-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Go watch the movie, I bet it will make sense then.

Strewth
08-29-2013, 11:20 PM
I liked the Aeon-Flux-y cartoon that tied the two movies together, I didn't know they were making a third....I'll have to watch the trailer, from what I remember, he stabbed the bad guy (who was trying to be tricksy, can't fool Vin Diesel!), and won an Empire like you said, so...
Hmmm, best movie ending ever...whole new thread (or a derail of this one, mwah-ah-ah), but for stabbing the bad guy I'd go with Dune...Sting gets shanked in the neck, and then yelled at 'til his chest blows apart. Usul no longer needs the weirding module!

lone-wolf
08-30-2013, 11:27 AM
I loved Pitch Black, and hope this one is more like the first movie than the second.

ReignCzech
08-30-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm definitely interested in this next sequel, sounds like the plot and theme goes in a circular format and returning to the beginning. Neat cosmic concept, IMO.

I'll wait for th' pirates' video stream.

walperstyle
08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
The story seems to fall short of something that could be so good.

VancouverSkiBum
08-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Im a fan of the riddick film and pitch black... looking forward to a good R rated film, they seem so scarce these days.

Waynetheman
08-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Very excited to see it. Loved the other riddick movies.

lone-wolf
08-30-2013, 08:00 PM
looking forward to a good R rated film, they seem so scarce these days.

You're right about that. Everyone wants that pg13 rating so the teenies can go ruin a movie for the adults there.