PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm Night Vision

TV-PressPass
09-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Okay this sub-forum has been too quiet lately!

I had a few packages show up last week. That translated into a better night vision solution than I've ever had before:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7356/9666794347_cbe6e10c7e_b.jpg

walperstyle
09-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Would like to have some FLIR to do some recon on the crazies around the Red Deer area. Getting tired of thieves.

vortexlord
03-26-2014, 06:56 AM
Try getting some Canadian made thermal/night vision. I got a thermal monocular from GSCI - nice folks from Toronto. I've been using it for about 2-2.5 years and very happy about it.

Swampdonkey
03-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Wonderful setup TV! Are there strength-building exercises for your neck?

How well does it work with an iron-sighted rifle?

Swampdonkey
05-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Still wondering.

I've held off because the technology advances so quickly it's easy to wait until a better, cheaper unit arrives. But now I need to do some pest control of nocturnal creatures.

lone-wolf
05-06-2020, 02:24 PM
check out the coyote hunters in the states are using, or the rat hunters in the uk, I think the ATN X-Sight II is well liked for the guys on a budget

Hidyn
05-08-2020, 01:37 AM
Did you know that it's actually illegal in the states to let a non-US citizen look through your NVD if it's American made? You also aren't allowed to take it out of the country as a private citizen.

It's super creepy when you turn on the IR illuminator and animals turn and stare at you!

I occasionally consider picking up some more night vision equipment but there's always a bigger hole in my preps that could be filled with the money.

It would be pretty slick to have a helmet mounted NVD and an IR laser!