PDA

View Full Version : VISA Dislikes Gun Owners

Right Edition
10-03-2013, 05:07 AM
http://youtu.be/lXg-wc_jse4

ReignCzech
10-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Yup, kingston converted to politicians, officials, and police prison.
that would assist in them not getting f*cking raped as bad as they've done to the population.
cheers

blacksmithden
10-03-2013, 09:32 PM
I have a visa card around here somewhere. I never use it....Master Card for me on the rare occasion when I actually do use a credit card. I think I'll just send that Visa card back with a note on it. "I'm a gun dealer, so your card isn't good enough for me."

ReignCzech
10-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I have a visa card around here somewhere. I never use it....Master Card for me on the rare occasion when I actually do use a credit card. I think I'll just send that Visa card back with a note on it. "I'm a gun dealer, so your card isn't good enough for me."

Excellent suggestion, with any comradery, there will be others in suite, and will do so as well.
I've always refused visa, and paypal, glad I have for these reasons.

Strewth
10-03-2013, 09:49 PM

I thought this was a subsidiary of Visa? Authorize.net or some such? If you go the NRA homepage there's an ad for the NRA Visa card, just saying.

Edenchef
10-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Visa doesn't like me anyway....I pay cash. So they trash my credit score.....are we surprised?

Cheers!

Waynetheman
10-04-2013, 09:17 AM
I don't get it how does paying cash trash your credit score?

Strewth
10-04-2013, 09:37 AM
I don't get it how does paying cash trash your credit score?

If you don't use it, you lose it; happened to me...15? years ago...had a MC, paid it off, had excellent credit.
Cut up card, clever me having foxed the system, right? Paying everything on time for the next couple of years, went to the bank for a small loan....no credit!!! I found out your credit depreciates with lack of use:(. It won't give you bad credit, but if you're late on a couple of bills, it's very difficult to pull your credit up "fast" without.....a credit card. Yaaaaaaaaaaay.
In my experience, your banks may vary, etc. I now have a MC used solely for Netflix, it's like a trickle charger for my credit score:).

YukonLeftie
10-05-2013, 12:41 AM
I dunno - I just placed an order with Numrich for some parts, paid Visa, and the amount does seem to have been deducted from my Visa card...

Right Edition
10-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Curious as to your comment about PayPal? We use paypal both for the BigShot store orders and personally and have pretty good experience with it so far.

Carguy2550
10-08-2013, 12:26 AM
I think I'll keep using my VISA at the gun stores for a while. I like to screw them for their 2% cash back. Then to really piss VISA off I pay the bill at the end of the month.

Satain
10-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I think I'll keep using my VISA at the gun stores for a while. I like to screw them for their 2% cash back. Then to really piss VISA off I pay the bill at the end of the month.
:owned:

jonanddad
10-09-2013, 10:59 PM

Yes you get 2% but the dealer gets charged 2%+ fee for you using your card. We get charged from 2.70%-4.3% depending on the type of card. Mastercard Elite and Visa Infinite are the worst %'s FYI

Card Type
Swiped Transaction
Key entered transaction
Fee per Transaction

MasterCard

Consumer MasterCard
2.70%
3.33%
-

International MasterCard
3.00%
3.60%
$0.125

Consumer High Spend MasterCard
3.61%
3.74%
-

Commercial MasterCard
3.61%
3.61%
-

International Corporate MasterCard
3.76%
3.76%
$0.125

Consumer Premium High Spend MasterCard
3.86%
4.26%
-

Visa

Consumer Visa (Classic, Gold, Platinum)
2.70%
3.31%
-

Foreign Interchange Consumer Visa
3.20%
3.26%
-

Consumer Infinite Visa
3.40%
3.51%
-

Foreign Interchange Commercial Visa
3.46%
3.46%
-

Commercial Visa
3.56%
3.66%
-

Strewth
10-10-2013, 10:34 AM
^This is the reason I only pull out the CC for online purchases, or quick gas n go's; was it in England that they're allowing retailers to charge more for CC purchases, so the people with cash aren't getting the prices raised to cover those that exist on "credit"?
Any retailer in Canada has to raise their final price to compensate for CC users, otherwise look how much they're losing...changing our laws to allow for two tiered pricing would also give a small advantage back to brick and mortar stores over the internet (no offense to the internet stores on GOC!).

Rory McCanuck
10-10-2013, 06:13 PM
That's a great idea Strewth, giving a break for cash, but I doubt the Big Money would allow it to happen.
Cash is harder to track, and harder to take a cut of, making it less attractive to the Bilderbergs and the rest of the Pentavirate. Although come to think of it, who took over the Colonel's seat when he passed?
The Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look, "Oh you're gonna buy my chicken."

Right Edition
10-11-2013, 06:11 AM
There are some places where you can negotiate a better price if paying cash -- car dealers for one. Independently owned businesses will sometimes also give a better price when paying in cash.

Strewth
10-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Yup, never hurts to ask;).

Mad Hatter
11-06-2013, 12:53 AM
And just to drive the point home I have been using my Visa to pay for everything gun related. Na na nana na! Wonder what would happen if I had a charge back issue if they would ignore my complaint.

50 B.M.G.
11-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Moneris, the credit card acceptance company is also real unfriendly towards the gun culture. They refused to allow us the privilege of accepting credit/debit cards, and thus denying themselves of 4% of our sales amounts that they charge for their service.
Their loss!
Fortunately there is competition that just wants to make money from transactions conducted via cards and leaves their moral compass and politics where it belongs.