PDA

View Full Version : Chopping my Savage 25

lone-wolf
10-03-2013, 05:34 PM
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx313/redmudpei/IMG_20130311_144707_zpsa6d04a2d.jpg

Thinking I will get the barrel chopped down to 18"(down from 24") and threaded for the AGW linear brake.
Purpose of the brake would be to look cool(or different at least), maybe direct noise away from me as well.
I was going to sell the rifle to get a howa in a smaller package, figured having the barrel chopped might be just as good.
Gunsmith does a lot of target/precision rifle work, so should be in good hands.

Rifle is purposed for coyotes, thinking I also have to paint it or camo wrap it cause it's shiny as hell, way more than the picture shows.

JustBen
10-03-2013, 08:51 PM
A good cut and crown would give you what you need. Could always look at modifying a gun sock into a quick sort of "gillie suit" for the rifle.

lone-wolf
10-03-2013, 09:13 PM
A good cut and crown would give you what you need. Could always look at modifying a gun sock into a quick sort of "gillie suit" for the rifle.
The no residue camo gun tape seems like it'd work well, and should leave the resell value alone. If paint touches the gun, I know I instantly think of the gun as being of less value. Gun sock isn't a bad idea either.

I think the scope will be ditched too, at some point.