Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    they sell canopies for trucks too.... just sayin

Thanks!!!!!
    Last edited by stevesummit; 11-07-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Darrel,

I'm about to build a 7WSM and was pondering barrel length and twist. What did you go with?

Ivan
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do everything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck257 View Post
    Darrel,

I'm about to build a 7WSM and was pondering barrel length and twist. What did you go with?

Ivan

I think you're on the correct path choosing this chambering. After seeing what Darrell's 7WSM can do I'm sorry I own a 338 Lapua! By examining the damage done to the steel plates at 1 mile, his 180gr Bergers were leaving divots about as deep as my 250gr Scenars, while burning a lot less powder with no muzzle brake and way less "report". If I had to do it all over again, 7WSM would get the nod….
    "Revalllllverz!" - Tuco Ramirez

Quote Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
    I think you're on the correct path choosing this chambering. After seeing what Darrell's 7WSM can do I'm sorry I own a 338 Lapua! By examining the damage done to the steel plates at 1 mile, his 180gr Bergers were leaving divots about as deep as my 250gr Scenars, while burning a lot less powder with no muzzle brake and way less "report". If I had to do it all over again, 7WSM would get the nod….
    I think that you would miss the horse power and the energy down range when you get up to the 300's doing decent speeds!

Yes, that's true. But in my case I'd have to run the improved chamber to see any meaningful gain..…which is the route I'm heading in anyway….lol. There is no end to this madness….
    "Revalllllverz!" - Tuco Ramirez

Lol when you start seeing powder going through your measure and reading over 100 gr that's when it gets interesting for sure !!!!

I have no intention of getting rid of my 338 LM, it gives me too much of a thrill every time I touch it off. Compared to booze and drugs (not to mention "les girls") it's a cheap, painless and legal addiction.

I have a 25/300 WSM (aka. 25 Pronghorn) which is a joy to shoot and performs exceptionally well with 115 Bergers. It was this rifle that made me decide to go for the 7WSM because of the higher BC's of the 7 mm bullets and the availability of heavier weights. I plan on trying the 162 Amax and the 180 Bergers when the barrel arrives which will, hopefully, be soon?
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do everything with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck257 View Post
    Darrel,

Ivan

Mine is a 32" Kreiger, 8 1/2" twist, has 180gr Bergers going about 3075.....

Man that's fast for a super long bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
    Mine is a 32" Kreiger, 8 1/2" twist, has 180gr Bergers going about 3075.....
    Thanks Darrel,

I decided on a 28 inch, 8 1/2 twist throated long for the 180 Berger. What powder/primer/brass are you using to get that velocity?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast