Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar

Ok so the cheytac is built so now I start its twin

So after getting my 408 up and running. It's time to start building it's twin 338 snipetac! So just putting this out there to see if anyone on goc has one ? I am looking to see what your average velocities are and how short is barrel life? I figure 800-900 rounds and the barrel will be toast! From what I have found on it 33-3400 fps with 300 gr pills is the norm. My reason for building this one is to have cheaper bullets and an easier time finding barrels! Plus who doesn't like having bullets going stupid fast !!!! So any info anyone has would be appreciated !

Steve

When you say "twin" I assume you're going with the same set-up....Barnard/Lilja/XLR?
    "Revalllllverz!" - Tuco Ramirez

Well barrel is a Krieger and yes on the xlr but I might go with a stiller for a mag feed set up on this one so a twin but a little different lol

interesting read here http://www.ballisticstudies.com/Know...Test+Fire.html

Your going to have to really step up the glass if you want to see the distance that rifle is capable of shooting!! rifle 4 grand, glass 5-6 grand!!
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
    When you say "twin" I assume you're going with the same set-up....Barnard/Lilja/XLR?
    i think there are 2 different type of twins "Maternal and Fraternal" i think he is referring to the latter one ...
    the same ,but, not the same
    I fell off the earth and went ...POOF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevesummit View Post
    So after getting my 408 up and running. It's time to start building it's twin 338 snipetac! So just putting this out there to see if anyone on goc has one ? I am looking to see what your average velocities are and how short is barrel life? I figure 800-900 rounds and the barrel will be toast! From what I have found on it 33-3400 fps with 300 gr pills is the norm. My reason for building this one is to have cheaper bullets and an easier time finding barrels! Plus who doesn't like having bullets going stupid fast !!!! So any info anyone has would be appreciated !

Steve
    No!
    8 to 900 rounds will not shoot out the barrel but if you load it extremely hot you can notice a lowered accuracy after that.

When you really think about it, 800 or 900 rounds isn't all that bad. To chamber and thread a new barrel isn't too expensive. It's the repeated load development that could be a downer...

Hey Tigrr, our 338's are officially obsolete now...and have you sighted yours in yet..? I remember not too long ago some little birdie told me "I'll never buy a 338". Haha, you and I will both have 50 BMG's within 2 years. I for one will not stand by while Steve and Darrell take the wind out of my sail. They will both be kneeling before me, in all my grandeur, shortly....
    "Revalllllverz!" - Tuco Ramirez

All hail Armorman

Quote Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
    They will both be kneeling before me, in all my grandeur, shortly....
    Steve - sounds like somebody has been drinking before breakfast again.....

Seems to me I know a little birdie who just bailed on a deal on a 50....hmmmm. but it's OK, I have a 100yd range and it's still fun to have you come over and play with your little mouse-rifles......(Can't find the bees-nest-poking-guy)

We should do an intervention, and get him sorted out before he hurts himself!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast