Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
    The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    The shelves are empty, gonna be hard living off lobsters like the old days.
    The shelves ARE empty ? or IF the shelves are empty ? Shelves at the stores or at your place LW ?

I read an article this morning about there being 66 cargo ships at anchor off the Port of Vancouver right now that can't unload due to the blockades. It won't take long to burn through our "just in time" supply chain if this political train wreck doesn't end fairly soon. I worry about what this summer is going to be like. I might not be taking that cross Canada trip after all.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

If, when.
    I live on a island you know, we used to be disconnected from the mainland for 6mons a year... unless you were a coyote then you'd just walk.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    The shelves are empty, gonna be hard living off lobsters like the old days.
    Stock up on butter ?
    (I like hot butter with my lobster)

Hmm. Propane?
    (to heat the butter)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Stock up on butter ?
    (I like hot butter with my lobster)

Hmm. Propane?
    (to heat the butter)
    Really hoping to get a wood stove in this spring. (could melt butter on top)
    Somewhat for preparedness, and the inevitable week long power outages, but also because a heat pump doesn't cut it on it's own.
    Freaking chilly in here this morning.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

5. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

blacksmithden (02-15-2020)

got the Federal rimfire, skipped the $1 chicken at No Frills, was a 5 kilo frozen block, got 5.25 lbs of fresh thighs at Stupidstore for $6 instead and 3x700gr Black Forest Hams for $8.95 total at Food Fare on Portage, freezer is full again

We are making a special trip to stock up on supplies tomorrow. 18kgs of flour and some yeast for bread making. A bunch of veggies for a big pot of moose soup(think 3 gallons of soup). We were caught flat footed during the 2 month road closure from the fires around us. Now we are stocking up so we don't have to go anywhere for a month or two.
    I will fill a few more jugs of gas. Then we can sit back and watch the world go round. Maybe make up some deer sausage and smoke it for a change. Yes I have the nitrites/cure.
    The virus has killed since sept 2019 somewhere between 50000 and 500000 the different sites are saying. 44 or 47 crematoriums are running 24 hours a day and can't keep up. 14 day incubation period. All the best.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

8. The Following User Liked This Post By tigrr

blacksmithden (02-16-2020)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Picked up 300 rolls of TP this morning. That brings me up to just over 400. That should be enough to ride out these blockades. I even conscripted the kids to load up the vanities in the bathrooms. Lol.

20200216_103231.jpg
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

10. The Following 7 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

chrisc (02-16-2020), Dewey Cox (02-16-2020), Hidyn (02-18-2020), kennymo (02-16-2020), oilman28 (02-16-2020), Rory McCanuck (02-16-2020), tigrr (02-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Picked up 300 rolls of TP this morning. That brings me up to just over 400. That should be enough to ride out these blockades. I even conscripted the kids to load up the vanities in the bathrooms. Lol.
    I did the same. Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Kleenex.
    I got a couple boxes of 3M N95 Valve masks too. (which are good to protect me, but still infect others if I were to be sick -- met a nice woman at subway the other day who sneezed and coughed and no mask and she said she'd caught the flu three days before and this was the first time she'd been able to get out of the house)

I did some food shopping {eggs, bacon, bread, etc}. Some of my other staples unfortunately were on sale, which resulted on them being sold out.
    I'm in Ontario, so I assume the natural gas and electricity will not be affected by either virus or rail blockade.

I tried to order some MREs ( https://can.mealkitsupply.com/products/mre-12-pack ), but they're out of stock. My previous box has long since expired.

I've got a pit full of potatoes, and a herd of deer outside my window every morning.
    But I also have a wife and 3 daughters, so tp will definitely be the first thing to run out.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

13. The Following User Liked This Post By Dewey Cox

Camo tung (02-16-2020)

Drove in to the big city today and picked up 80 pounds of flour, 40 pounds of sugar, 10 pounds of split peas, 40 pounds of rice, 15 pounds of pasta and 15 cans of spaghetti sauce.

Tuesday will be canned fruit and veggies and what ever else I can think of. Thanks guys for reminding me about toilet paper, the stuff comes in handy a couple times a day.

Gasoline for the truck and generator will happen if the virus starts getting out of control in Canada.

I sure hope to god I bought all this stuff for nothing.

15. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Northshore

blacksmithden (02-16-2020), chrisc (02-17-2020)