Page 82 of 123 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I told the wife to get some baileys
    The gal insisted that

were better than
    Baileys Original Irish Cream https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stor...sh-cream-74393

Thus far, all others have said the Bailey's remains better.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

stewbud (02-25-2020)

4. The Following 8 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Camo tung (02-19-2020), elliott264 (02-25-2020), joe6167 (02-20-2020), LB303 (02-20-2020), lone-wolf (02-20-2020), Rory McCanuck (02-20-2020), Sabio (02-21-2020), Stew (02-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    The gal insisted that

were better than
    Baileys Original Irish Cream https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stor...sh-cream-74393

Thus far, all others have said the Bailey's remains better.
    you want to be right, or you want to be happy ?

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Stew

shootemup604 (02-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    The canned vegetable asile at my local Superstore....and youd better like canned tomatoes or mushrooms because thats all thats left.

Attachment 21541
    I didn't expect to see empty shelves in the West quite yet, probably more an effect of the rail stoppage then people panicking; but one problem leads to the other and the problem accelerates. I'm glad we picked up what we did when we did, I'm in Fort Mac working right now and there weren't any empty shelves as of a couple days ago here but my wife is going shopping at home tomorrow so I'll see what she has to say.
    Lifetime Member PAPRC, SHA
    Member NFA, NRA, SRAC, FMFG, SFC

Canned food isn't so popular here in Poland. Pickled vegetables are all the rage.

I've been warning all of my students to at least set aside some food in case this coronavirus comes here. I even tried to encourage my students to come up with "Recipes For The Apocalypse" using the types of non-perishable food stuffs that are available locally, but no one would bite. I said, "there's no reason we can't enjoy the end of the world in comfort"

Several of them suggested they would come to my place when SHTF, and I informed them that I keep my phone set to "do not disturb" on a permanent basis. I also informed them of the types of things that might be greeting them at the door...

Next priority is medical supplies. May have to embrace "Traditional Polish Medicine" on this one (aka Vodka)... You open up a first aid kit in Poland, and it's just a bottle of vodka...

In this video Frank Vaughan reads a letter he received from a virologist who describes how the Wuhan virus effects the body and the sorts of measures that can be taken to help mitigate the effects of the virus should you contract it.

Successfully escaped this crazy quack s***hole country ALIVE - 12/26/2017!!!

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

Quote Originally Posted by joe6167 View Post
    In this video Frank Vaughan reads a letter he received from a virologist who describes how the Wuhan virus effects the body and the sorts of measures that can be taken to help mitigate the effects of the virus should you contract it.
    I just sat through that, most of comes across as the ravings of a madman. For example he talks about how there are no masks in Canada, yet I just ordered some on-line and they have already showed up at my front door, and even my local Canadian Tire has hundreds on their shelves.
    Also, everyone who arrives in Canada by plane or ship is on a list. If anyone of those shows up positive, they'll trace and quarantine. Several are self quarantined anyway.
    0.004% of China's population is infected. Canada it's around 0.0001%. This is not an epidemic, or a SARS scare, yet. Be prepared. But there's nothing to panic about yet.

But more to the point, I was looking forward to 'the sorts of measures that can be taken to help mitigate the effects of the virus should you contract it' and I didn't see that anywhere. I'm not watching any bit of it again, so could you transcribe what was said please?

10. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

lone-wolf (02-21-2020)

I just sat through that, most of comes across as the ravings of a madman. For example he talks about how there are no masks in Canada, yet I just ordered some on-line and they have already showed up at my front door, and even my local Canadian Tire has hundreds on their shelves.
    Also, everyone who arrives in Canada by plane or ship is on a list. If anyone of those shows up positive, they'll trace and quarantine. Several are self quarantined anyway.
    0.004% of China's population is infected. Canada it's around 0.0001%. This is not an epidemic, or a SARS scare, yet. Be prepared. But there's nothing to panic about yet.

But more to the point, I was looking forward to 'the sorts of measures that can be taken to help mitigate the effects of the virus should you contract it' and I didn't see that anywhere. I'm not watching any bit of it again, so could you transcribe what was said please?
    My bad, I grabbed the wrong video. Here's the right video:

And the transcription:

[6:56] Any urban centre is going to see major disruption to daily life, whether through work stoppages, shortages due to supply chain disruption, overwhelmed healthcare and probable chaos from panic etc. I’m telling you from my law-enforcement experience that there will be a surge in dog-eat-dog mentality, which will result in more crime.

As I previously mentioned, stockpiling extra water, food and medication is highly recommended. I would also suggest making sure that any health related issues are taken care of, such as eye and teeth, since we don’t know how long a disruption could last, and having to get a root canal in the middle of a pandemic may not be ideal for you. That is an understatement.

[7:46] In regards to sterilizing and protecting yourselves from this virus, I will tell you what I know. There is a lot of discussion right now about how infectious this virus is, and I can tell you beyond a doubt that it is much more infectious and contagious than influenza. There are increasing calls and evidence that this virus is airborne. SARS-COV-2 is an enveloped RNA virus, meaning that each individual virion retains part of the host cell membrane when it is released from the host cell.

[8:20] This makes it much more fragile than non-enveloped viruses, which is important. Temperatures of 60 Celsius for 10 minutes or higher will kill this virus. Alcohol will kill this virus. The higher the percentage of alcohol, the better. 5% Bleach will kill this virus. Isopropyl alcohol will kill this virus. Direct sunlight, which contains UV, will kill this virus easily.

[8:48] As an enveloped virus it can survive on non-porous surfaces: glass, metal, ceramic, for several days at room temperature. As temperature drops, the virus can survive longer. There are a few other factors to survival on surfaces: humidity, iso-electric point of the virus, cleanliness of the surface, etc.

[9:09] The virus won’t survive as long on porous surfaces, but if you think about all the masks being used, live virus in the air will get into and onto the mask and can still be transmitted by breathing or touching the mask. In reality, the masks provide a false sense of security, and as I stated before, may only prevent more spread for someone that is already infected or wearing one.

[9:36] In order to physically prepare your immune system to have the best chance of surviving if you do get infected, there are some common sense things you can do, as not smoking or vaping, getting regular exercise, especially cardiovascular. Avoiding inflammatory foods such as gluten, refined sugar, dairy, processed meats, and trans-fats. Obviously eating healthy is also important. Avoid drinking, avoid alcohol. Alcohol will directly dampen your immune system.

[10:09] What can you do if you do get infected and do not have access to health care? There is initial promise in treatment with Remdesivir, but getting this may be next to impossible when the health care system gets overrun, so what do I suggest? In the 20-40 age group SARS-COV-2 has been show to be causing what is known as a cytokine storm, which I’ve talked about in previous videos, which means that a health individual’s immune system is overreacting to the virus and making things worse.

[10:45] In order to counter this, I recommend anti-inflammatories. In bats, the current prevailing hypothesis for why they don’t get sick is because they have potent anti-inflammatory responses.

[10:58] Ibuprofen minor and naproxen are good over-the-counter drugs to take. If you want to go more natural, tumeric, curcumin or Zyflamend are good anti-inflammatories. I have also seen evidence of fevers as high as 103 Fahrenheit, that’s 39.5 degrees Celsius. Combined high fever with pneumonia lung damage and you can wind up with febrile seizures due to the lack of oxygen and high temperature. Try to bring down temperature and use anti-inflammatories to control symptoms. He recommends you consult a medical doctor for dosages.

---

[13:00] There are numerous reasons that this causes multiple organ failure, but the biggest is reason is hypoxia, which means oxygen is not getting into your blood. With the lung damage which I highlighted in my last Frank Five, organs aren’t getting enough oxygen and they’re shutting down; explains the febrile seizures we’re seeing and why people are dropping in the streets. Again we have to look at evidence that explains the things that we’re seeing, the things that the media isn’t showing you, the things that you can find out for yourself using the internet. Whatever hypothesis best explains what you see is the one to pursue and try and prove.

[13:43] Mr. X is irate at all the experts that think all we are saying is manure, because they can’t wrap their heads around how serious this actually is. Give it another month and most people will be in panic mode, while people like us will be getting ready to hunker down.

[13:59] So I asked about the hypoxia, which is the oxygen issue, not getting into your blood. I said that the big cause is lung damage, but also the cytokine storm is critical to the whole procedure that you see if people just collapse from this and people have a really hard time with recovery. Further insight: when the lungs are heavily infected with virus, the virus kills lung cells, and then an overreaction of the immune system results in a cytokine storm which increases inflammation, which in turn adds to the lung damage, so it’s a feedback loop.

[14:35] Decreased surface area and lung function then contribute to lower oxygen transfer and then organs will shut down from that. If your fever is high, lack of oxygen then causes febrile seizures, which result in either coma or death. You can look up febrile seizures due to infection anywhere online and that explains the “floppy fish” videos and all the fast crashes of people that you see in the streets.

Give your family tree a good shake and see if you have any dual citizenship that you can use to GTFO of this crazy quack s***hole country!

12. The Following User Liked This Post By joe6167

RangeBob (02-23-2020)

I put a loaf of bread in the freezer.

14. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

awndray (02-23-2020), chrisc (02-25-2020), Dewey Cox (02-23-2020), kennymo (02-23-2020), lone-wolf (02-23-2020), Waterloomike (02-23-2020)

TL; DR: Air Canada says it was told by health authorities on Saturday that a passenger who flew from Montreal to Vancouver on Feb. 14 has since tested positive for COV-19

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I put a loaf of bread in the freezer.
    Don't overdo it there Bob. There's no need to hoard to excess. LOL.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

17. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Camo tung (02-23-2020), chrisc (02-25-2020), ESnel (02-24-2020), RangeBob (02-23-2020)