Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1315
    Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    In my experience premium gas can last 16 to 20 months. If you want longer buy av gas. I have 22 jugs on rotation. 10 premium and 10 regular and 2 of diesel if I need to borrow my neighbours diesel skid steer. Been doing this since 2013.
    Somehow my dad has used the same gas can with a oil / gas mix for 10 years without adding more to it. Idk how that works, its for his 2 stroke lawn mower.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Last minute trip today. A buddy of mine (ironically, hes a gas fitter / furnace guy. Same guy who did my furnace a few days ago) is installing a fireplace insert. We went out cutting today and managed to fill my trailer and 2 pickups with dry standing dead wood. Im guessing itll come out to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 cords. Sun burnt, bug bit, and dehydrated. We decided to unload tomorrow.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Rory McCanuck (09-23-2020), Swampdonkey (09-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Last minute trip today. A buddy of mine (ironically, hes a gas fitter / furnace guy. Same guy who did my furnace a few days ago) is installing a fireplace insert. We went out cutting today and managed to fill my trailer and 2 pickups with dry standing dead wood. Im guessing itll come out to be somewhere between 1.5 and 2 cords. Sun burnt, bug bit, and dehydrated. We decided to unload tomorrow.
    Did y’all check what size logs the insert needed before breaking out that big non adjustable cutting stick?
    Just question for morning coffee thoughts...

5. The Following User Liked This Post By SIR VEYOR

Rory McCanuck (09-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by SIR VEYOR View Post
    Did y’all check what size logs the insert needed before breaking out that big non adjustable cutting stick?
    Just question for morning coffee thoughts...
    Yep. 20" max so we cut them 18" the same as my woodstove. I was in doubt and explained to him that if we were wrong, his life was going to be 2 inches of day long chainsaw hell. He rechecked the spec and indeed it is a 20" max insert.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

7. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

cowboy01 (09-24-2020), Hidyn (09-29-2020), SIR VEYOR (09-24-2020)

The fire pit shed is stocked for those cool evening fall burns, now to get busy and fill the big one for the house......

Two rounds in depth, should be good for a couple backyard parties.

Firepit.jpg

9. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 2012Cvoguy

blacksmithden (09-28-2020), chrisc (09-28-2020)

I UN-prepared yesterday. I had one of those All American 21 quart canner/pressure cookers that I bought used 7 or 8 years ago for $100 off kijiji. It cost me about $50 to upgrade it with a dial temp gauge and the blowoff weight they use today. I canned a bunch of stuff from the garden. Well, I dont have a garden anymore and a friend told me canning stuff was in short supply everywhere. I looked on the net and my pressure canner is back ordered until February from the mfg. There was a new one on kijiji for $600 and theyre going for $650 on Amazon. I threw it up ok kijiji as used -$400 and it sold in a day. I wish all my hoarded stuff went up in value like that.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca

11. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By blacksmithden

Camo tung (09-28-2020), Dewey Cox (09-28-2020), Hidyn (09-29-2020), kennymo (09-29-2020), Macds (09-28-2020), Rory McCanuck (09-28-2020)

Could you provide information regarding the temp gauge and weight upgrade?
    Im planning on making myself a nice double walled stainless one I can actually cook in.

pasta sale.jpg

Edmonton-area Safeways, not sure about outlying areas. Big 900 gram bags, on until Weds Sept 30th
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

14. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Camo tung

blacksmithden (09-29-2020), Hidyn (09-29-2020), Rory McCanuck (09-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    I UN-prepared yesterday. I had one of those All American 21 quart canner/pressure cookers that I bought used 7 or 8 years ago for $100 off kijiji. It cost me about $50 to upgrade it with a dial temp gauge and the blowoff weight they use today. I canned a bunch of stuff from the garden. Well, I dont have a garden anymore and a friend told me canning stuff was in short supply everywhere. I looked on the net and my pressure canner is back ordered until February from the mfg. There was a new one on kijiji for $600 and theyre going for $650 on Amazon. I threw it up ok kijiji as used -$400 and it sold in a day. I wish all my hoarded stuff went up in value like that.
    You could get an Instant Pot to replace it and still be ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Macds View Post
    Could you provide information regarding the temp gauge and weight upgrade?
    Im planning on making myself a nice double walled stainless one I can actually cook in.
    The one I bought (a model 921 1/2) was about 30 years old. I got it from some old guy who canned fish with it once, and never looked at it again before he sold it to me. It was identical to the ones they sell today only mine had a pressure relief valve instead of the little 3 position weight and spout. It had a plug in it where the temp gauge goes. I ordered all 3 parts from Red Hill something or other....a US dealer for All American pressure cookers. All parts are available for them.
    GOC moderator
    www.tundrasupply.ca