Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I would like to power up my well pump at times, To refill the tank. It appears my Jet pump is under 15AMP, but it's wired into the fuse box. Could I make a pig tail with a plug. And just disconnect the power to it, and swap the leeds? wired for the plug?
    If the current is low enough, then perhaps another of Blacksmithden's famous furnace plugs.

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...399#post695399

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    120V jet pumps are usually just plugged in around here, standard wall outlet with a dedicated breaker next to the pump.
    Or that.

Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I would like to power up my well pump at times, To refill the tank. It appears my Jet pump is under 15AMP, but it's wired into the fuse box. Could I make a pig tail with a plug. And just disconnect the power to it, and swap the leeds? wired for the plug?
    I seem to recall a picture of your well in the basement posted on here.
    The big round culvert just a pit, with the actual well inside it, or is it a big, wide bored well?
    I'm just thinking if it's a big bored well, there's lots of room to put in a manual pump.
    I've always thought that a handpump on a well would be the best prep you could make. (But I haven't put any effort into putting one on mine. I guess I'm a grasshopper, not an ant)

I've been told that there exists a hand pump that can tie into a regular well with a submersible pump, and it ties into the top of a pitless adapter. But it's always hippies asking me about it, and they never have money to actually go ahead with anything, so I've never truly investigated it.
    Why does the rest of the country get first dibbs on half my income?

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    Eat the fish, and use the water out of the tank to flush the toilet.
    I was carting up 5gal buckets of water from the well, and sitting the buckets in the tub, to flush the toilet. I had hot water for about day and half. It's just force of habit to flush, then rinse your hands under the tap. Next time Ill be filling the tub. And have a hand wash bucket. So yeah need more buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    120V jet pumps are usually just plugged in around here, standard wall outlet with a dedicated breaker next to the pump.
    Well the Jet pump goes to a switch, which goes to a socket, then comes back out, to the fuse box. Wired by the finest rednecks. Other cord is the sump pump.

When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
    I seem to recall a picture of your well in the basement posted on here.
    The big round culvert just a pit, with the actual well inside it, or is it a big, wide bored well?
    I'm just thinking if it's a big bored well, there's lots of room to put in a manual pump.
    I've always thought that a handpump on a well would be the best prep you could make. (But I haven't put any effort into putting one on mine. I guess I'm a grasshopper, not an ant)

I've been told that there exists a hand pump that can tie into a regular well with a submersible pump, and it ties into the top of a pitless adapter. But it's always hippies asking me about it, and they never have money to actually go ahead with anything, so I've never truly investigated it.
    yeah shes just concrete culvert, with a sand bottom. So guess big wide bored well. When I was filling buckets during the storm, you could see the water coming in from a joint. Intake is just a screen with a one way valve, and 1" hose. That 90s out the side and into the jet pump. So I think there is a natural spring that goes under. I never run out of water.

When the rich wage war, It's the poor who die.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

pitw (09-14-2019)

Well the Jet pump goes to a switch, which goes to a socket, then comes back out, to the fuse box. Wired by the finest rednecks. Other cord is the sump pump.
    Replace switch with plug, replace wire from switch to pump pressure switch with a chunk of quality cord. Problem solved, unplugging has the same effect as the switch for service work.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

lone-wolf (09-15-2019)

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273