Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Franchi SPAS-12

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Would that chunk of forend plastic be prohibited by look? Interesting experiment for the price of a sand mold; submit your plastic blob for approval, and get a denial letter from the RCMP to make hay with?

Edit: Or get scary black shotgun parts legally imported? Numrich sells the parts....out of stock right now.
    It would also take a heat shield different from anything else on the market.

The Remington folding stock would be close enough.

Here's the next/closest franchi model you can have here other than the spas-12, the pa-08 this one's old and beat but never fails.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I've shot the spas-12 in canada, work related familiarization and foreign weapons, etc.
    They aren't overly exciting, other than being able to be either pump or automatic action.
    They break, parts are difficult to get to replace, and as other have mentioned there are far better automatic shotguns available and can be cosmetically dressed up in likeness.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By ReignCzech

shortandlong (03-21-2019)

I'd stay pump, waaaay more reliable and dependent on the shotgun, just as fast.

Quote Originally Posted by killer kane View Post
    I'd stay pump, waaaay more reliable and dependent on the shotgun, just as fast.
    Yes but my semi 12g does have the auto "effect" when the proper grip is applied.
    Defiantly turns the peoples faces when she rips. But hell it's a $400 Turkish gun right

I hear ya. The Turks are turning out some good stuff. I was looking at a Turkish 9mm. today and man, Nice gun. I might have to look at the Hatsan is it? After all, you can never have enough guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Nope
    Prohibited...and I believe confiscated from their owners in 1992 under C-17? If it makes you feel any better, they're apparently heavy and kinda crappy. Doesn't make me feel much better.
    They're even scary in the States. At one point they were classified as a "destructive device" by the BATF as they had no "sporting purpose" and so they require a $200 tax stamp down there as well.
    You could put rails on an 870, or look for a Franchi PA8, though? And I remember reading the Beretta version of the SPAS-12 is not prohibited? All kind of crap-tacular options left in the wake of more spectacular Canadian Gun Laws....written by people that might have claimed to have your best interests at heart, but not a clue in their head.
    My brother had one around '90-'91. It had the folding stock with the hook and would only cycle semiautomatic with 3" shells. It was a beast in that it weighed a ton. I remember letting loose with 8 3"shells and just getting hammered. It was like a little mini anti aircraft gun, lol.

But yeah. Its long gone. Had to walk it into the police station and turn it in after they made it prohib. Like an elephant, I havent forgotten how easy it is for the gov to screw us to get a vote.

Cheers,
    EZTRGT
    Kyle

They are a 10 + in "look cool factor" but about a 4 in overall functionality

be aware that the time they were produce the tech as new . 1979

I was surprised to learn they were produced as late as 2000

They won't help you in a Raptor fight....

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Drache

FALover (03-21-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12