Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Franchi SPAS-12

Franchi SPAS-12

Are these legal in Canada?

Forgive me for not wanting to search the RCMP website.

prohibited 12/5 class. can't import.
    "One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

It's probably less reliable/lethal than a Benelli M4.

Stupid, stupid laws.

Buy an airsoft SPAS-12 and have a friend fire a real shotgun over your shoulder. That's as close as you're going to get to owning and shooting one in Canada.
    LOL

"One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

Nope
    Prohibited...and I believe confiscated from their owners in 1992 under C-17? If it makes you feel any better, they're apparently heavy and kinda crappy. Doesn't make me feel much better.
    They're even scary in the States. At one point they were classified as a "destructive device" by the BATF as they had no "sporting purpose" and so they require a $200 tax stamp down there as well.
    You could put rails on an 870, or look for a Franchi PA8, though? And I remember reading the Beretta version of the SPAS-12 is not prohibited? All kind of crap-tacular options left in the wake of more spectacular Canadian Gun Laws....written by people that might have claimed to have your best interests at heart, but not a clue in their head.
    CSSA CCFR

I'm not really that interested in owning one. They look kinda neat, that's about it.

They seem overly complicated, pump/semi-auto, kinda gimmicky.

Something tells me they got a bum rap because of Terminator. Seems various politicians really felt bad for that poor Connor woman.

^Yup, nailed it, IMHO.
    CSSA CCFR

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Strewth

shortandlong (03-21-2019)

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    I'm surprised no-one's made a conversion kit for the 870 to make it look like a SPAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    I'm surprised no-one's made a conversion kit for the 870 to make it look like a SPAS.
    Would that chunk of forend plastic be prohibited by look? Interesting experiment for the price of a sand mold; submit your plastic blob for approval, and get a denial letter from the RCMP to make hay with?

Edit: Or get scary black shotgun parts legally imported? Numrich sells the parts....out of stock right now.
    Last edited by Strewth; 11-21-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    They're even scary in the States. At one point they were classified as a "destructive device" by the BATF as they had no "sporting purpose" and so they require a $200 tax stamp down there as well.
    From what I can fathom from US laws, any calibre firearm bigger than .50cal(regardless of it being a shotgun or rifle) can be class as such.
    Apparently why the russian revolving shotguns(basically a ruskie circuit judge) aren't down there either.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast