Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    My dad had a friend that used to ride over to our farm on Saturday afternoons and drink until midnight. Usually by the time he left he couldn't even walk, but that damned Tennessee Walker got him home every time – about a five mile ride through the bush, door to door. His wife would wake him up and get him off the horse.
    it was 16 miles from the closest hotel to my old place years back...missed the ride home on occasion but always got there.
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    Or the loving "caress" of the twitch. That has to be a bugger of a way to learn a lesson.
    Lol worked on me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherRockeye View Post
    that's not why Cc...
    a properly trained horse won't run away, or ignore your instructions... or run out of gas. An a motor vehicle won't take you home while you snooze in the saddle...

The tractor spelled the end of the horse, and the migration of people from the land to cities finished the job.
    Less people farming more acres...machinery that could do more and not get tired...the need to travel farther, faster...
    were all working against the horse.
    When my Mom was a child it was a Percheron mare that brought in the cows when she saw the kids coming on their bikes to open the gates.
    As a kid I took lunch and a mason jar of water wrapped in a wet towel to the men in the field on the back of a horse.
    Horses are more work, so like most things in this world that take time and effort they have been replaced by something easier...not necessarily better...just easier...

that's my 2 cents worth...from a time when pennies counted...
    Tis funny you say that Rockeye - my dad's reasons for swearing off horses are almost exactly opposite. When he hit 15 he bought himself a dirt bike and never looked back. To him, motorcycles never spooked, never randomly bucked you off, didnt care if you shoot, and you didnt have to feed it even when yer not using it; nor did it care about being left outside in super cold weather. Funny how it goes eh?

you think horses are bad try dealin with a dozen different minds on a dog team...

Banned
    You should look up the PAWS comics by Doug Urquhart if you havent already; you might enjoy the humor; Rockeye.

Look'n Good
    If it's got tits, tail or tires, it'll cause you grief.
    Me?
    I'll take the one branded Yamaha.
    Howdy All...........What's the member count?.......

I don't know if it's legal or not.

I grew up where it must have been legal to shoot packs of wild dogs killing cattle from a horse. Or there was no law concerning such a thing.

You want to be comfortable sitting your horse and your horse sure wants to be used to having shots fired around him.

but I'm pretty sure you knew that. It sure is an outstanding way to hunt and track.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....

Quote Originally Posted by YukonLeftie View Post
    Tis funny you say that Rockeye - my dad's reasons for swearing off horses are almost exactly opposite. When he hit 15 he bought himself a dirt bike and never looked back. To him, motorcycles never spooked, never randomly bucked you off, didnt care if you shoot, and you didnt have to feed it even when yer not using it; nor did it care about being left outside in super cold weather. Funny how it goes eh?
    I beg to differ that the bikes don't buck you off . Hit a section of whops in 3rd wide open.

Back on topic tho, I thought we couldn't shoot off horses the same as we can't shoot out of canoes/boats unless their anchored. Onterrible might be different that out west tho.
    NFA and CSSA Member

in Sk. no loaded iron or shootin horseback...same as a quad or pickup...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123