Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moroccan Ground Lamb Skewers

My wife and I are madly trying to complete a room renovation before our Christmas company arrives. I install the gyproc. She does the mudding and taping. She is a perfectionist and is just about done. She put in a lot of hours today so I wanted to make her something nice. Neighbor just butchered a lamb for us so I got to thinking about a dish we used to eat in Morocco. Learned to make it from the local guys on the beach at Agadir. This isn't exactly how they made it but close. It is normally cooked on a little hibachi type stove but I used a grille which is why the meat looks a little flat but makes no difference on the taste.

Ingredients:

1 pound of ground lamb
    Fresh Rosemary (heaping tablespoon)
    Fresh sage (teaspoon)
    Fresh Oregano ( teaspoon)
    Half of a small red onion
    Half of a small green pepper
    short skewers

Side dishes
    Brown rice
    Grilled Orange Peppers (or whatever pepper you want)
    Steamed broccoli

Directions
    Very finely dice the onion and green pepper. Combine all the above ingredients thoroughly with the lamb. I use my hands, it's the easiest way. Just keep kneading it until it's uniform. Form the meat into a sausage type shape and run the skewer through it when you are done. Should make 6 skewers in total. You don't really need the skewers unless you are doing it over an open grille. Although it's easier to handle on the sticks.
    Make sure your grille is very hot; place the skewers on the grill for about 5 minutes. Turn once during the cooking time. A minute or so less if you like your meat a little rare. When the meat is done place your peppers on the grille and cook for about 4 minutes or when the oil just starts oozing out of the pepper.

Start the brown rice early as it takes the longest to cook.
    Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes.

Serve with a nice wine. Makes a tasty meal for two hungry people.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Looks very tasty Canuck, thanks for the recipe. Neat to see one straight from Morocco as well!

Now get your wife back to work. Those walls won't sand themselves.
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Looks very tasty Canuck, thanks for the recipe. Neat to see one straight from Morocco as well!

Now get your wife back to work. Those walls won't sand themselves.

She said to tell you she has two words for you, Strewth. Hint: It ain't Merry Christmas.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

....I bet they're Mboni Chrismen? How multicultural of her!
    Last edited by Strewth; 12-15-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    CSSA CCFR

Seems to be some extraneous items on that plate crowding out any extra lamb yummies.

I think those are vitamin sticks.
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    I think those are vitamin sticks.
    No rib bones pokin' out...what do you do with them (besides push them off to the side)?

And who gets worked up over mega-pixel shots of carrots? That lamb could use some closer inspection tho...

Ya gotta love this place. Next to guns, cooking is my favourite pastime and I do it every day as I am the family chef. Lamb is like gold down here in Texas if you can find it. I don't usually look at price tags on food items but never get past window shopping when it comes to lamb. Seafood is great here as we are close to the gulf fisheries. Fresh, wild shrimp are to die for. The next time I do one of my seafood creations I'll take a picture. Think of shrimp, scallops and oysters all in a mean cream sauce with fresh pasta. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by hercster View Post
    Ya gotta love this place. Next to guns, cooking is my favourite pastime and I do it every day as I am the family chef. Lamb is like gold down here in Texas if you can find it. I don't usually look at price tags on food items but never get past window shopping when it comes to lamb. Seafood is great here as we are close to the gulf fisheries. Fresh, wild shrimp are to die for. The next time I do one of my seafood creations I'll take a picture. Think of shrimp, scallops and oysters all in a mean cream sauce with fresh pasta. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
    Sorry, but did I just hear you complaining about wintering in Texas?

Wait, let me grab you a tissue...

I have to agree with some of the others though, that that plate looks a little lopsided as far as the meat to veggie ratio is concerned.
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast