Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have to build a sleigh for behind my sled to get some targets set out. Google sleigh designs.
    No worries Chris. Setting my sights on some ice fishing time. Waiting for powder anyway.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Edenchef View Post
    Well, I'm ready for suggestions of dates? I'll be (hopefully) shooting skeet on the lake over Christmas, so I'll clear things with the local detachment. Then we are good to go!

Cheers!
    Hi Edenchef. My schedule is generally wide open during the winter months. If you ever need a spotter let me know. I'm about 1.25 hrs NE of Edmonchuk so not too far away!

Chris.
    "Revalllllverz!" - Tuco Ramirez

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
    Hi Edenchef. My schedule is generally wide open during the winter months. If you ever need a spotter let me know. I'm about 1.25 hrs NE of Edmonchuk so not too far away!

Chris.
    You are in, sir. I'll let you know when we do it.

Cheers!

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    I am off till jan 5 would anyone ! What's everyone's plans for after Xmas?

Dmay, how much higher is your scope above the bore now? I'm just wondering if I'll have enough space for the ATACR obj to clear my barrel. With a 40 moa base plus another 40 in the SPHUR I don't know if I'll have enough clearance. Mind you, these SPHUR mounts are taller to begin with. My current rings are 1.125" and I still have probably 1/4" clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Armorman View Post
    Dmay, how much higher is your scope above the bore now? I'm just wondering if I'll have enough space for the ATACR obj to clear my barrel. With a 40 moa base plus another 40 in the SPHUR I don't know if I'll have enough clearance. Mind you, these SPHUR mounts are taller to begin with. My current rings are 1.125" and I still have probably 1/4" clearance.
    I meant to measure when I mounted it and forgot......will get ya some numbers tonight......but ya, the Spuhr lifts it a little, so ya might be OK....

And a note for you and Steve, looks like Wolverine is carrying SPUHR now too....

Ya, I should be OK with clearance....hopefully. Thinking back now, I should have just ordered one when you did a few weeks back...

UPDATE:
    Okay, my big plan isn't going to be very good it looks like. Should have done some more math and thought this through better....but then, that's never the way I operate........

Problem I have now is that my zero will have to be at about a mile. Only way I can shoot at 1000 yards or less is to turn my magnification right down, and my reticle only shows me 10 minutes on the top, so having to guess at the 30 minutes or so I need to hold under....
    With my goal still being to be able to reach out past 2600, I guess it's time to explore those adjustable base ideas.
    On the up side: couple of great friends were over for the shooting session on Saturday, and while plenty cool, the rain stayed away and we got to make some noise.

The kind of problem only another long range shooter will understand. Lol.

Sounds interesting Dmay.
    I <3 10mm auto

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    Dmay if your looking at the cold shots version let me know as I have another guy that would be in on a buy ! So that would make three altogether as I am in for one also !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast