Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehto View Post
    So, like 2 years then...

FML
    DILLIGAF posted this as a recent purchases on cgn...

the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Diliigaf's is a Bushmaster M17s that has been modified by K&M Arms. It isn't the K&M Arms in house, new versions of the M17s. That new version would need a new FRT. The Bushmaster versions can be imported already.

Mine should be here soon!
    Member: CSSA, CSC, CDTSA, ATHL, ex-NFA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

^^^ I don't see the desire at all to bother to acquire this rifle.
    It looks like a prototype, non-refined rifle, one of which IMO has all the looks and features of a rifle built for trials as a prototype.

Is it just for the collectors attainment?

What's the price for this above pictured M17s?
    What's the cost of yours coming fenceline?

If I would choose a bullpup 5.56 my choice would be the tavor, it's well used, refined, and an issued military rifle. the famas is crap the foreign legion uses, the T-97 is a fad, the type 88 is choppy meaning not well taken care of in finishing and polishing.
    I did buy the RFB however, my feedback is that I'm, not impressed with it.
    Last edited by ReignCzech; 01-29-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    "The people in power ensure you are perpetually mislead and manipulated. The majority's perception of reality is not their own. It's shrewdly imposed upon them. The last thing the men behind the curtain want is a conscious informed public, capable of critical thinking. Which is why a continually fraudulent circus is output, via religion, mass media, political arena and educational system. To maintain to keep the masses in a distracted naive bubble. A damn good job of it, it is."

Wait.... You've seen a type 81???

The M17s was designed in the late 80s and was intended for military use. It was not successful in bearing its competitor, the Steyr AUG. So in essence it was a prototype built for trials. K&M has worked at modifying the Bushmaster version, and has moved into producing an upgrade version with better ergonomics. In both versions the trigger has been greatly improved.

Pricing depends on what you can find them for. Base, original bushmaster versions have been selling in the US for between $750 and $1200. As these rifles are no longer in production, people sell them for what they figure they can get. Needless to say, I would not spend 4 figures on this rifle in OEM form.

Upgrade value depends on the buyer. Buy the rifle, have it sent to K&M for upgrades to suit your taste, then have it shipped down the road to another Arizona gun company who is in the business of importing firearms into Canada.

All in, it cost me way less than a Tavor, and only slightly more than my original Type 97. As it uses several AR parts, I have a large market of AR parts that are compatible to draw from. Can't do that with the Tavor or Type 97.

It probably won't be for everyone. But I like it, and can't wait to get the K&M variant up here.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Wait.... You've seen a type 81???

The M17s was designed in the late 80s and was intended for military use. It was not successful in bearing its competitor, the Steyr AUG. So in essence it was a prototype built for trials. K&M has worked at modifying the Bushmaster version, and has moved into producing an upgrade version with better ergonomics. In both versions the trigger has been greatly improved.

Pricing depends on what you can find them for. Base, original bushmaster versions have been selling in the US for between $750 and $1200. As these rifles are no longer in production, people sell them for what they figure they can get. Needless to say, I would not spend 4 figures on this rifle in OEM form.

Upgrade value depends on the buyer. Buy the rifle, have it sent to K&M for upgrades to suit your taste, then have it shipped down the road to another Arizona gun company who is in the business of importing firearms into Canada.

All in, it cost me way less than a Tavor, and only slightly more than my original Type 97. As it uses several AR parts, I have a large market of AR parts that are compatible to draw from. Can't do that with the Tavor or Type 97.

It probably won't be for everyone. But I like it, and can't wait to get the K&M variant up here.
    -no i haven't physicallly handled or seen a type 81,( other than the interwebz) correction, i meant type 88.

I am certainly interested in the type 81, upgraded sks type variants.

Ahh, I see, it is affordable.
    well as i wrote prior , I do see the K&M lower to be an improvement and looking to see what the M14.ca version will be like.
    The upper is really not appealing to me, to me it really does look like a piece of awning support tubing.

the thing i like about the tavor is the 9mm conversion. also the .308 version.
    they are expensive, I wish i would have bought the tavor over the rfb.
    the rfb is going soon for to either fill the void or wait on something else that fancies.
    I'm glad you're excited and pleased with your purchase of this m17. It definitely is affordable, curious to the performance, reliability and parts availability.
    Last edited by ReignCzech; 01-31-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    "The people in power ensure you are perpetually mislead and manipulated. The majority's perception of reality is not their own. It's shrewdly imposed upon them. The last thing the men behind the curtain want is a conscious informed public, capable of critical thinking. Which is why a continually fraudulent circus is output, via religion, mass media, political arena and educational system. To maintain to keep the masses in a distracted naive bubble. A damn good job of it, it is."

The new m17s will be offered in 223, 300 AAC, 6.8 spc, 308 and in addition to those, possibly 7.62x39.

M14.ca is not building anything for the m17s platform. They are sticking to the type 97. They are however aware of the m17s and it's variants, and are looking to compete with the design with their type 97 upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignCzech View Post
    -no i haven't seen a type 81, correction, i meant type 88.

I am certainly interested in the type 81, upgraded sks type variants.

Ahh, I see, it is affordable.
    well as i wrote prior , I do see the K&M lower to be an improvement and looking to see what the M14.ca version will be like.
    The upper is really not appealing to me, to me it really does look like a piece of awning support tubing.

the thing i like about the tavor is the 9mm conversion. also the .308 version.
    they are expensive, I wish i would have bought the tavor over the rfb.
    the rfb is going soon for to either fill the void or wait on something else that fancies.
    I'm glad you're excited and pleased with your purchase of this m17. It definitely is affordable, curious to the performance, reliability and parts availability.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The new m17s will be offered in 223, 300 AAC, 6.8 spc, 308 and in addition to those, possibly 7.62x39.

M14.ca is not building anything for the m17s platform. They are sticking to the type 97. They are however aware of the m17s and it's variants, and are looking to compete with the design with their type 97 upgrades.
    With the amount of money and modifications that m14.ca is doing to the type97. I have no idea why anyone wouldn't just save up and buy the Tavor but hey to each there own I guess. Although this rifle looks a lot more promising than the type 97 just in the ergo department alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignCzech View Post

What's the price for this above pictured M17s?
    You'd cry if you knew. I did a little. Tricksy DILLIGAF!
    CSSA CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    You'd cry if you knew. I did a little. Tricksy DILLIGAF!
    $500.00 deposit on a $1600+ cost rifle?
    http://www.irunguns.ca/store/rifles-...hmaster%20M17S

Im told I have one coming to me in march, always wanted one of these

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast