Where can a guy get a Springfield 1903?

Anybody see one somewhere at a decent price?

Basically, you have to troll the various for sale boards and get lucky. They are pretty uncommon in canada, and when you do find them, a high percentage are either ex-korean and really really beat, or are low-number receivers you don't want to shoot.

I sold my last M1903 on CGN a while back, it was a MINT inter-war Springfield. It sold in no time for $1500.

You might also want to e-mail Jean Plamondon at P&S Militaria and have him keep a look out for one. He goes to a lot of shows and might buy one for you if he has a buyer already lined up.

Yep P&S is good and some times Anthony from Trade Ex can come across these if you ask him nicely.

You might want to check out the H.A.C.S. show or have someone drop by for you. You never know what you will find.
    Support our troops.
    If you can't stand behind them, stand in front of them

If you don't mind a "clone" and can INSPECT THE GUN IN PERSON there is the James River Armoury Springfield Sniper rifles. But when I mean you want to inspect it in person I mean it! Many people were getting guns that had very poor finishing and blemishes. Something that shouldn't happen on a gun for $1800+

I was looking at the prices on online gun dealers screw that. I think I would be better off buying garand or a new m1 carbine for $899

You won't find a decent M1 garand now for that price, but if the Trigger Wholesale import works out, they might be that cheap in a few weeks. The AO carbine is a good bet, but plan on a 200 round break-in period before judging it, from what I hear they do smooth out to reliable function.

Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    You won't find a decent M1 garand now for that price, but if the Trigger Wholesale import works out, they might be that cheap in a few weeks. The AO carbine is a good bet, but plan on a 200 round break-in period before judging it, from what I hear they do smooth out to reliable function.
    Thanks for the tip. I better stick to the cheap Russian rifles.