Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Man too rich for my blood

Could somebody tell me if the Elcan SpecterDR re-zeroes after unmounting & remounting the optic in the same place?

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Could somebody tell me if the Elcan SpecterDR re-zeroes after unmounting & remounting the optic in the same place?
    It will return to zero.

Here's a video from CS Tactical on this optic

EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

No it doesn't. This is coming from me and real world use and not some one who is trying to sell you stuff. This is because not all rails are cut exactly the same and the way the arms locking leavers lock on to the rail. Gets you close but not exact every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    No it doesn't. This is coming from me and real world use and not some one who is trying to sell you stuff. This is because not all rails are cut exactly the same and the way the arms locking leavers lock on to the rail. Gets you close but not exact every time.
    Has Mike @ CS Tactical been prooven to be just another sales whOre and be bias to certain brands specifically? Honest question.
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    Wow, really? My Aimpoint PRO does. That's a shame. Good to know, thanks Satain.
    CSSA CCFR

I really have a hard time believing a $2000+ optic with built in mount won't re-zero, but it's hard to argue with what Satain said about the different pic rail sizes.

Makes me wonder how any other mount can claim to get a perfect re-zero. Is there such a thing as perfect when it comes to unmounting and remounting any optic?

Also, unless that CS Tactical video is completely fudged, it looks as if the Elcan can be re-zeroed enough should you ever need to in the heat of battle, which would be good enough for me.
    Last edited by bettercallsaul; 02-06-2014 at 03:00 PM.

I really have a hard time believing a $2000+ optic with built in mount won't rezero, but it's hard to argue with what Satain said.
    Well, many of us won't test at a meaningful distance? I say my PRO holds zero, but i's a red dot shot under 100m, if we could vise the rifle, and center the dot at 300, what would we find?
    CSSA CCFR

I really have a hard time believing a $2000+ optic with built in mount won't re-zero, but it's hard to argue with what Satain said about the different pic rail sizes.

Makes me wonder how any other mount can claim to get a perfect re-zero. Is there such a thing as perfect when it comes to unmounting and remounting any optic?

Also, unless that CS Tactical video is completely fudged, it looks as if the Elcan can be re-zeroed enough should you ever need to in the heat of battle, which would be good enough for me.
    I just spent about two weeks reading everything I could about the optics that were on my shortlist as I really needed to spend some money. My first candidate was the Elcan Spector. This gear has seen a lot of hard use in several militaries so online comments from people who have used them are not hard to find. In terms of rezeroing and the Elcan/ARMS mount, the comments are mixed but there is no shortage of negative responses.

My next focus was the piggy back option using an ACOG and Trijicon RMR. Again I read dozens of forum posts and didn't run into negative reports re losing zero or rezeroing.

Finally, I explored the Leupold HAMR and MRD option and settled on this rig for several reasons. It's in the air as we speak and will arrive at my door in the morning. My plastic has been suitably lightened and I'm a happy camper again at least for a while.

Here's a shot of my new baby. It will get a trial run this weekend and I'll make a range report sometime soon.

Damn I love toys!
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

Try it out yet?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast