Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HAMR 4

HAMR 4

Any body try one of these yet. Was wondering what they're like out to about 200 yards ,and I guess you lose the cheek weld when using the red dot piggy backed on top.Does no cheek weld equal poor aiming? Thanks.

One of these?

Haven't tried one, I'm starting to like that style of reticle though.
    No cheekweld with a red dot isn't as bad as with other sighting systems, but it still makes for one less point of contact, although the idea behind the high mount is for man sized targets in close, so all you have to do is throw the dot on target and press the trigger...but with no cheekweld , I find follow-up shots are slower/inaccurate. Could be me though.
    You can also try a "chinweld". For me this kinda works with both eyes open with the red dot, it's just weird, and I'm outside my comfort zone with it. Does this make me a chinweld fudd?
    CSSA CCFR

I have the HAMR 4 on my AR15.
    I like it a lot. Keep in mind, I am new and a experienced gunner may have a different opinion.

I've only shot it in a 25 yard bay so far. I like it.
    I have my red dot for my close ups so even with my cheek weld non-existant, it hits centre mass no problems ten-fifteen yards in.
    Welded to the stock, I get lovely groupings at 25yards with the other sight (whatever that's called .... the 4x scope part).

Sorry, wish I could help more.

Yes it all helps,I think it's the way to go,there is one on CGN for $1775 with 7.5 moa holo on it.Ive seen them listed on optics planet for $1550 with the 3.5 holo on it. Thanks for the reply. I've been using my bushnell red dot with both eyes and you get used to it.
    Last edited by brianmac65; 01-30-2014 at 01:32 PM.

I shoot with both eyes open also.

Had 1 and sold it.
    Nothing beats an ACOG with a piggy back.
    Lighter, Clearer and also more rugged.

Some people have been saying the lighting system ,tritium I believe it's called, fades out after time and that you eventually have to replace it.Also does the reticle fade out in bright sunlight?These are the posts I've been reading regarding the acog.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmac65 View Post
    Some people have been saying the lighting system ,tritium I believe it's called, fades out after time and that you eventually have to replace it.Also does the reticle fade out in bright sunlight?These are the posts I've been reading regarding the acog.
    Not if you get the black and yellow one. As for Tritium takes over 12 years to start to fade. Then it goes out after 15 years. Name one battery that can do that? Then you send it in and they replace it. Honestly that isn't even a question or the military wouldn't be using it. Plus how many scopes can you do what they did on Guns & Ammo this week too?

Makes sense that the military wouldn't use if they're not the best.Is yellow and Black the color of it or the model. Isn't the HAMR being used by some military decisions now?

I'm curious Mr. S.
    An ACOG and a good MRD like a Trijicon would come close to $2k. Why do you prefer that setup over the Elcan SpectorDr at about the same $$$?
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast