Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HAMR 4

Quote Originally Posted by hercster View Post
    I'm curious Mr. S.
    An ACOG and a good MRD like a Trijicon would come close to $2k. Why do you prefer that setup over the Elcan SpectorDr at about the same $$$?
    Simple 3 reason.
    1) No external adjustments.
    2) Lighter.
    3) Fits me and quick acquisitions targeting like a glove. (AkA Near to Far or vise a versa with a slight tilt of the head instead of a manual flip of a switch.)

Also by some miracle you can snag one of these then you are laughing

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    Simple 3 reason.
    1) No external adjustments.
    2) Lighter.
    3) Fits me and quick acquisitions targeting like a glove. (AkA Near to Far or vise a versa with a slight tilt of the head instead of a manual flip of a switch.)

Also by some miracle you can snag one of these then you are laughing
    I'll look but what is it as I can't read from the pic? There are so many ACOG models that it's difficult to tell.

Gord
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

Trijicon ACOG TAO1NSN

Click here for more info.

I think you have me sold Mr. Satain. Thanks! I found a good comparison chart to make the choice less confusing with all the options.
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

Just to jump on the bandwagon of disliking the HAMR:

Ya that didn't look to impressive. Why can't you mount the HAMR lower?
    Last edited by brianmac65; 02-04-2014 at 12:28 PM.

I'm going to give this a closer look.

-It's a bit cheaper than the ACOG's and lighter
    -It looks to me that the axis of the MRD is closer to the axis of the scope than the ACOG. TV-PP can you confirm or refute this?
    -Better eye relief by far
    -I'm already very impressed with the 1x Leupy Prismatic I have.
    -Most reviews are very positive.
    -I like the idea of a Diopter adjustment that looks like it would allow me to personalize the scope and handle my vision and eyeglass issues

For what it's worth, I saw a video clip on this sight that demonstrated a faster way to switch between the scope and MRD. I'll try to find it again and post here. The technique would work with any piggy back arrangement.

OK here's the Video Done by Guntalk

Last edited by hercster; 02-04-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12