Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Distinguished Baconeer VancouverSkiBum's Avatar
    Guy in desert camo looks like Colonel Jack O'Neil.
    I looked and looked but I didn't see God. - Yuri Gagarin, 14 April 1961

When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

http://i.imgur.com/wZbDShd.gif

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    How does the scoring work for this??

From what I can tell in the video, you have an allotted time to shoot each target X amount of times? Then it is scored by your accuracy?
    Yep, pretty much. Example: Two five round rifle mags, one five round pistol mag.
    Start with a mag in the rifle, action forward, empty chamber. Same with your holstered pistol. You will have 20 seconds to advance 5 meters, charge your rifle, shoot the left target five times(mag change), then the right target five times (drop mag), (then the safety person behind you inserts the chamber flag, showing a cleared rifle) drop the rifle on it's sling, unholster and charge your pistol with the barrel facing down range, and shoot the center target five times with the pistol. Drop pistol mag, action open, wait for Safety Officer to clear your pistol,then pistol action forward, drop the hammer, re-holster. Wait for Safety Officer to clear the firing line, advance and grab your target for scoring back at the benches with a witness, while the next shooter hangs their target.
    A lot of fun, quick relays,and very safe, with no movement with a charged firearm, and rifles to always have chamber flags inserted unless you're shooting.

And then plot more ways to catch up to Canuck. Must feed him heavier food next time he's here, darn it. You're lucky you didn't eat that sandwich before the match Canuck! Notice how sleepy you were afterwards...
    Last edited by Strewth; 02-04-2014 at 03:05 AM. Reason: haven't taken poke at Canuck yet. Oversite corrected.
    CSSA CCFR

Distinguished Baconeer VancouverSkiBum's Avatar
    ^^ saw 10 shots / 2 mags (pistol) in that video. so... 10 shots on the center?
    I looked and looked but I didn't see God. - Yuri Gagarin, 14 April 1961

When I die, my atoms will come undone; ill be space dust, once again. The wind will carry me; Scatter me everywhere; Like dandelions in the springtime. Ill visit worlds and alien moons; It will be so damn poetic... Until I land on your sandwich.

http://i.imgur.com/wZbDShd.gif

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverSkiBum View Post
    ^^ saw 10 shots / 2 mags (pistol) in that video. so... 10 shots on the center?
    Oh, picky. I was making an example that was easy for me to write. I'll try a shorter form...might come out choppy.
    In the vid that was...humph, can't find the Course of Fire. From the mags on the ground when they start the advance, I'd guess that was the Serial (run? episode? trial? I assume Serial is the CF word?) where you start at 25m and advance 5m with an empty chamber, shoot 5 rounds left,5 right, advance 5m with an empty chamber, 5 left, 5 right, advance to the 10m line, where you shoot 5+5,safe your rifle, and shoot 5 pistol at the top center and 5 at the bottom.
    One of my favorites. If that's the right one....could be wrong. I can't remember the timing on that run.
    There's starting standing to kneeling as well; hopefully in April the weather's dry enough to go prone as well, maybe?
    CSSA CCFR

Ya looks like fun for sure.

Well done Strewth! Looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Illae gave me permission to use one of his pics that show the targets. Figure 11's are full size. Figure 14's are heads only. Figure 14 is 5 points inside circle; 4 points outside circle (black area around face does not score).

Figure 11 is scored as follows: Smallest vertical rectangle (the credit card target as Strewth calls it) is worth 5 points, next largest rectangle is worth 4 points, next largest target is worth 3, outside that but inside the external outline is 2. If the bullet hole is breaking the line between two scoring areas you go with the higher score.
    Hope this helps.
    Note: If you shoot after the whistle, you lose 5 points for each shot fired after the whistle. If you crossfire, that is shoot the target beside you by mistake, that person gets the highest scores of all the shots on target (usually). Some may be thanks to you! You get nothing. Don't laugh, it happens.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

now if I could only find 2 more Beowulf mags....with the desert eagle the guys beside me wouldn't stand a chance the muzzle blast would probably throw half that line off their game plan. lol. think i'll get a 556 upper first.

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    That looks like a wholottafun! My range will not allow anything that remotely looks human as a target.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    That looks like a wholottafun! My range will not allow anything that remotely looks human as a target.
    Confused, and saddened by this. You can maybe use those fig. 11 swirly targets though? Can't find an image, weak Google-fu. Need moar bacon.
    CSSA CCFR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast