Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Strewth do you need to be a member at Abbotsford for this or is it open to anyone? I was also wondering about the black rifle at Chilliwack, can a guy get by with sks or vz58 or would you be seriously outgunned by the guys using LAR mags in the AR's?

Open to anyone! I'm not a member, it's an extra $10 I think?

Black Rifle in Chilliwack allowed LAR mags the one time I went, I think they still do? If you Google "Black Rifle Chilliwack Fish and Game" all the rules are laid out.

This is one reason I like the CQB Action Rifle that Ryan has started, the COF only allows loading to 5, much more even (inclusive)for everyone, although you're only competing against yourself. In November I shot beside an SKS, he lost a bit of time on the mag changes, but other than that kept right up. And by the end of the day he was stripping rounds like a pro.
    Last edited by Strewth; 03-29-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    CSSA CCFR

Thanks Strewth, still need to decide between a 1911 or 9mm for the CQB though.

Well that looks just chock full of awesomeness Well done Strewth - And a big backslap for helping others who're interested get involved, that's how the shooting sports grow!

Babump for more CQBish-ness.

Another fun match on Saturday, the rain held off until the very end when we were picking up the brass which was a pleasant suprise. About 50 shooters on the line this time, and a great time had by all at a safe, well organised event. I did better, but still 50 points from Master class. Practice practice practice my pistol pistol pistol! More pictures to come this time I think, lots of cameras and iPhones taking pics.
    Here's a slideshow I got permission to link:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mira...w/CQB%204APR14

EDIT: And a big Kudos to the gentleman shooting the K-31! Very cool to see that rifle being put though it's paces. And congrats to illae for topping out the Sharpshooter class!
    Last edited by Strewth; 04-06-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    CSSA CCFR

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234