Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Blue Force Gear - Because you su&k and we hate you! Dollar Drop + Price increase

As much as I really like the BFG products that I've used in the past years, I just couldn't bring myself in completing the order I had for some BFG Helium Whisper Ten Speed pouches.

A bit of background info:

- As of Wednesday evening, a BFG HW Ten Speed triple mag pouch retailed for $34 ($29 for the single + $3 for the triple model).

- As of yesterday evening the same pouch retails for...$55.

Yes - you read that correctly - $55! What does this equal too you ask?...a 62% price jump. Let me repeat that...SIXTY-TWO PERCENT!!!!

How can this be? Well our dollar has taken a bit of a nose-dive in the last couple of months and now sits at $0.90USD, so effectively 10% lower than the Greenback, but BFG took it upon them to pull an H&K on us and tagged a 50% price hike on top of it.

I havenít looked at the rest of their product line to compare the pricing as I have no intention on purchasing from them.
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

Well that sucks for you! Good thing you were watching it and didn't get duped.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    no different than dealers who up the price of old stock brass...

or gas gouging...

or...

or...
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

I had been oogling their belts, wondering if it was worth the jump.

But no longer.

Back to Tasmanian Tiger! The source of all my soft cloth joys.

Which dealer?
    On the Blue Force site out of the States (Georgia?) the pouch is $49? Looks like the company's upped the price across the board? The profitability of popularity?
    CSSA CCFR

Guys this is just the beginning of all USA products dramatically increasing in price. This has all been foretold and is a direct result of Obmacare. Any company who has more than a certain amount of people working for them has just seen on average a 200% increase in there healthcare cost witch is now rippling threw all fields of employment in the states. Last year was the last year of reasonably priced quality goods coming out of the States.
    As of 2014 I am either going to buy high end European goods or low end Chinese goods as much as possible cause the value in the USA in my point of view is no longer there.

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Well that sucks for you! Good thing you were watching it and didn't get duped.
    I've got hundreds of $$ in their product and was pretty much up to date on the pricing and then from one day to another...KaPow!
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    I had been oogling their belts, wondering if it was worth the jump.

But no longer.

Back to Tasmanian Tiger! The source of all my soft cloth joys.
    I really like my HSGI belt and TACO pouches; solid product all around.

Haven't had the chance to try out any of the TasmTiger products yet.
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Which dealer?
    On the Blue Force site out of the States (Georgia?) the pouch is $49? Looks like the company's upped the price across the board? The profitability of popularity?
    Canadian distributor - One Shot Tactical. Spoke to Darren about it and he was honest about it (as he's always been) - the price increase at the source is what caused the huge spike and in some cases, doubling of the prices; what I was going to buy was only 60% higher lol !

The $49USD reflects their new pricing structure.
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

John Stuart Mill

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    Guys this is just the beginning of all USA products dramatically increasing in price. This has all been foretold and is a direct result of Obmacare. Any company who has more than a certain amount of people working for them has just seen on average a 200% increase in there healthcare cost witch is now rippling threw all fields of employment in the states. Last year was the last year of reasonably priced quality goods coming out of the States.
    As of 2014 I am either going to buy high end European goods or low end Chinese goods as much as possible cause the value in the USA in my point of view is no longer there.
    Hear you loud and clear on that one.

Re European goods: now that a new exchange agreement has been put in place by the CPC, perhaps we will see more products coming down the pipe at reasonable prices now that taxes and slew of tarrif will have been eliminated, or at the very least, greatly reduced.
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

John Stuart Mill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast