Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012Cvoguy View Post
    For the last week, I and a half dozen others have been buried trying to get pricing out on a expansion on a large army munitions plant, time line is very aggressive (almost undoable) to have pricing in mid March and a late May mobilization.

Going from 2 trains to 4 and #5 in reserve as a adder to the bid. That boys and girls is some capacity, may be something to watch in general.....
    That time line might become more aggressive with Sleepy Joe now kicking turds in Syria's sandbox. Would the Military run their own trains (gov't facility origin) or would it be Bun-Sniff, being in Texas?
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    That time line might become more aggressive with Sleepy Joe now kicking turds in Syria's sandbox. Would the Military run their own trains (gov't facility origin) or would it be Bun-Sniff, being in Texas?
    I’m sorry CT, I talk industrial lingo sometimes and the terms can be very misleading. A train for us is a complete production line, tip to tail for whatever product is being manufactured. So we are bringing them from 2 lines to 4 and perhaps 5, covers some acreage with the various acid facilities needed. The place is a couple states to the east that is famous for whiskey.....

3. The Following User Liked This Post By 2012Cvoguy

Camo tung (02-27-2021)

According to 680News (toronto radio station),
    the american stock markets have dropped this week
    because interest rates in the USA have gone up, so the bond market has been doing well, which lowers the stock market.

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

joe6167 (02-26-2021)

pure gold is currently at 6 months low. I wonder when it is going to break out.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    Okay, I don't normally recommend stocks, especially penny stocks but here is a gold penny stock with some very good potential and is now starting to shoot up in price. It may be worth investing a few hundred bucks in to hopefully get a great future return. It was sent to be with a buy rating. I just placed a buy order for 2500 @ $0.40 as I predict a potential to go over $1.00 in the near term especially if gold prices continue their ongoing raise as a consequence of the worlds current financial and stability problems.

Remember, do your own research before buying and understand this is not a guarantee of future growth or earnings.

https://robexgold.com/en/

Robex Resources Inc
    RBX:TSXV

ROBEX RESOURCES INC. (“ROBEX” or “the Company”) is a Canadian mining operation and exploration company, that operates in Mali, in Africa, whose shares are traded on the Canadian TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol RBX, and on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol RB4. In addition to its operation of the Nampala mine, the Company currently holds four exploration permits, which are all located in Mali, in West Africa. ROBEX’s priority strategy is to maximize shareholder value by managing its existing assets and pursuing opportunities for strategic growth.

Robex Resources Inc: Has gold interests in Mali.

Robex Resources Inc.: With 391,000 Ounces of Probable Mineral Reserves, Robex Expects a Mine Life of Nearly 9 Years for Nampala

https://www.solresearch.scotiabank.c...5TF9FOGHNPBGLI

Robex Resources Inc. Reaches A New Record Quarterly Turnover of CAD 45.9 Million

QUEBEC CITY, Nov. 26, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Robex Resources Inc. ("Robex" or "the Company") (TSXV: RBX/FWB: RB4) is pleased to report its financial results for the quarter ending September 30, 2020.

All amounts presented are in Canadian dollars (CAD).

Highlights of the third quarter of 2020:

-- GOLD SALES INCREASED BY 80% Over the third quarter of 2020, 18,121 ounces
    of gold have been sold for a total of CAD 45.9 M, including all 7,831
    ounces of the gold ingot stocks from June 30 for a total of CAD 19.5 M,
    compared to the 13,276 ounces of gold that were sold for CAD 25.5 M in
    the same period in 2019, thus an 80% increase. As a reminder, the
    difference between the number of ounces of gold sold and the number of
    ounces of gold produced during the periods is due to the timing of
    shipments, and to the Company's liquidity management.

-- 224% INCREASE FOR NAMPALA'S OPERATING INCOME The mine generated an
    operating income of CAD 28 M for the third quarter of 2020, compared to
    CAD 8.6 M for the same period in 2019, including CAD 3.5 M in the
    amortization of fixed assets for this 2020 quarter and CAD 7.4 M for the
    same period in 2019. Last October, the Company filed a NI 43-101
    technical report containing the mineral resources and reserve estimates
    for the Nampala mine as at July 31, 2020, which has extended the Nampala
    mine's life to over eight years, thereby slowing the amortization rate.

https://robexgold.com/wp-content/upl...ENG_14-PDF.pdf
    Still think RBX is worth holding onto ? Peaked at $0.52 and down to $0.49 today.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Still think RBX is worth holding onto ? Peaked at $0.52 and down to $0.49 today.
    All my gold, silver and precious metal stocks are down at the moment, not a lot mind you but in comparison to all my others it is still what you would expect in a drop in the precious metals stocks when the rest of the economy/market is otherwise doing well. I hold these stocks as a insurance policy for when the market turns and people start to panic which drives precious metal stocks through the roof. It has always been noted that when bond prices and interest rates go up that gold prices typically go down.

This is why you need to diversify your holdings which a bunch of different industries/assert classes/indexes, it is rare for all assert classes/indexes to rise in any one time and you need to have stock holding that help you weather any market scenario.

Expect to see “much higher” gold prices in the months ahead. “The stimulus programs coming up will have to include not only rate cuts, but more [quantitative easing] than the last go around, plus fiscal measures like massive government spending programs,” this uncertainty will drive precious metals and gold stocks higher, so will talk of a end or slowdown to stimulus spending.

With the price of gold having stagnated in the past year or so after a long bull run that began back in the early 2000s, it’s worth taking a little time to compare precious metals such as gold and silver with competing investments such as S&P 500 stocks and bonds. While there is no golden rule that says all three investment types can’t do well at the same time, understanding the differences between them can be important when you are considering diversifying your portfolio among several asset classes.

Knowing the factors that drive the performance of each asset type in different market conditions can help you allocate your funds wisely. Unlike fixed income investments such as bonds, both stocks and precious metals can see wide price swings driven by changing investor sentiment. The fundamental causes of price swings in gold and stocks are driven by similar but different factors. In a fiat currency regime, where national currencies are backed only by faith in the governments which sponsor them, the value of precious metals tends to be driven by investor perceptions related to the performance of its economy.

If the economy is performing well, a government or central bank is often perceived as not needing to try to spur business activity via monetary creation, hence the chance of inflation arising is likely to be low. On the other hand, a poor economy may spark investor fears that the currency will be debased in an effort to stoke economic activity. In this case, precious metals are likely to do well given their historic role as stores of value in inflationary times.

Stocks may also do well, at least for a time, if a central bank is in an accommodative mode due to a struggling economy, as the new money created by the central bank may find its way into the stock market. At the same time, with a weak economy, corporate profit margins may benefit as labor costs can be cut or held down due to a weak job market. However, if the economy continues to stay weak even in the face of central bank stimulation, there comes a time when the effect of weak sales growth overcomes the ability to cut costs, hurting profitability.

Another danger in such scenarios for stocks is that continued monetary stimulation in the face of weak economic activity can lead to stagflation, in which rising prices and a slow economy deliver a double whammy to corporate profits. As a result, stocks have a clear advantage over gold mainly in times of strong economic activity and low inflation. One reason for this is that gold doesn’t pay a dividend or earnings to its owners, while stocks have the potential to do both of these things. However, given the tendency of precious metals to do well in inflationary times, the ability to pay dividends and earnings becomes less advantageous when their value is being eroded by inflation.

Bonds generally have less upside potential than highly volatile investments such as stocks or precious metals. Their ability to pay consistent dividends with less volatility than stocks tends to make them popular with conservative investors who prefer to avoid excessively volatile investments. During strong economic times with little inflation bonds may also do well against precious metals, given the opportunity cost involved in holding an asset which pays no dividends.

In addition, when weak economic activity leads to currency debasement due to central bank intervention in the economy, the inflation which may ensue as a result can also be bad for bonds. This is because they are generally issued with a fixed interest rate which doesn’t reflect the loss of purchasing power due to inflation. In this regard, they may lose out to inflation hedges such as precious metals which tend to do well in such times.

Many savvy investors like to check how much of a company is owned by insiders. Usually we like to see fairly high levels of insider ownership. It's great to see that Robex Resources insiders own 68% of the company, worth about CA$207m. I like to see this level of insider ownership, because it increases the chances that management are thinking about the best interests of shareholders.

So my advice is to not worry to much at the moment as the fundamentals with Robex are still strong and I think in the long run you will be happy with this investment. In going forward try not to keep all your eggs in the one basket and make sure you diversify your stock assert classes. When we meet and talk in the summer I will explain in more detail how you should structure your stock holdings and invest for growth and your retirement. Hopefully we do this before any decent buying opportunities that you don't want to miss out on this time round.

I'm still holding onto my gold stocks at the moment if that means anything to you, when I feel it is time for me to sell them I will post a heads up here.

I actually recently picked up another 2 gold and silver stocks at lower than usual prices as I feel their future potential is high.
    Last edited by M1917 Enfield; 03-05-2021 at 11:21 PM.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

https://simplywall.st/stocks/ca/mate...cutive-summary

PE vs Industry: RBX is good value based on its PE Ratio (6.5x) compared to the CA Metals and Mining industry average (15.7x).

PE vs Market: RBX is good value based on its PE Ratio (6.5x) compared to the Canadian market (16.6x).

Quality Earnings: RBX has high quality earnings.

Growing Profit Margin: RBX's current net profit margins (34.5%) are higher than last year (4.5%).

Earnings Trend: RBX has become profitable over the past 5 years, growing earnings by 56.8% per year.

Accelerating Growth: RBX's earnings growth over the past year (1075.5%) exceeds its 5-year average (56.8% per year).

Earnings vs Industry: RBX earnings growth over the past year (1075.5%) exceeded the Metals and Mining industry 58%.
    Warning! some sarcasm, facetious behavior, satire, irony, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1917 Enfield View Post
    All my gold, silver and precious metal stocks are down at the moment, not a lot mind you but in comparison to all my others it is still what you would expect in a drop in the precious metals stocks when the rest of the economy/market is otherwise doing well. I hold these stocks as a insurance policy for when the market turns and people start to panic which drives precious metal stocks through the roof. It has always been noted that when bond prices and interest rates go up that gold prices typically go down.

This is why you need to diversify your holdings which a bunch of different industries/assert classes/indexes, it is rare for all assert classes/indexes to rise in any one time and you need to have stock holding that help you weather any market scenario.

Expect to see “much higher” gold prices in the months ahead. “The stimulus programs coming up will have to include not only rate cuts, but more [quantitative easing] than the last go around, plus fiscal measures like massive government spending programs,” this uncertainty will drive precious metals and gold stocks higher, so will talk of a end or slowdown to stimulus spending.

With the price of gold having stagnated in the past year or so after a long bull run that began back in the early 2000s, it’s worth taking a little time to compare precious metals such as gold and silver with competing investments such as S&P 500 stocks and bonds. While there is no golden rule that says all three investment types can’t do well at the same time, understanding the differences between them can be important when you are considering diversifying your portfolio among several asset classes.

Knowing the factors that drive the performance of each asset type in different market conditions can help you allocate your funds wisely. Unlike fixed income investments such as bonds, both stocks and precious metals can see wide price swings driven by changing investor sentiment. The fundamental causes of price swings in gold and stocks are driven by similar but different factors. In a fiat currency regime, where national currencies are backed only by faith in the governments which sponsor them, the value of precious metals tends to be driven by investor perceptions related to the performance of its economy.

If the economy is performing well, a government or central bank is often perceived as not needing to try to spur business activity via monetary creation, hence the chance of inflation arising is likely to be low. On the other hand, a poor economy may spark investor fears that the currency will be debased in an effort to stoke economic activity. In this case, precious metals are likely to do well given their historic role as stores of value in inflationary times.

Stocks may also do well, at least for a time, if a central bank is in an accommodative mode due to a struggling economy, as the new money created by the central bank may find its way into the stock market. At the same time, with a weak economy, corporate profit margins may benefit as labor costs can be cut or held down due to a weak job market. However, if the economy continues to stay weak even in the face of central bank stimulation, there comes a time when the effect of weak sales growth overcomes the ability to cut costs, hurting profitability.

Another danger in such scenarios for stocks is that continued monetary stimulation in the face of weak economic activity can lead to stagflation, in which rising prices and a slow economy deliver a double whammy to corporate profits. As a result, stocks have a clear advantage over gold mainly in times of strong economic activity and low inflation. One reason for this is that gold doesn’t pay a dividend or earnings to its owners, while stocks have the potential to do both of these things. However, given the tendency of precious metals to do well in inflationary times, the ability to pay dividends and earnings becomes less advantageous when their value is being eroded by inflation.

Bonds generally have less upside potential than highly volatile investments such as stocks or precious metals. Their ability to pay consistent dividends with less volatility than stocks tends to make them popular with conservative investors who prefer to avoid excessively volatile investments. During strong economic times with little inflation bonds may also do well against precious metals, given the opportunity cost involved in holding an asset which pays no dividends.

In addition, when weak economic activity leads to currency debasement due to central bank intervention in the economy, the inflation which may ensue as a result can also be bad for bonds. This is because they are generally issued with a fixed interest rate which doesn’t reflect the loss of purchasing power due to inflation. In this regard, they may lose out to inflation hedges such as precious metals which tend to do well in such times.

Many savvy investors like to check how much of a company is owned by insiders. Usually we like to see fairly high levels of insider ownership. It's great to see that Robex Resources insiders own 68% of the company, worth about CA$207m. I like to see this level of insider ownership, because it increases the chances that management are thinking about the best interests of shareholders.

So my advice is to not worry to much at the moment as the fundamentals with Robex are still strong and I think in the long run you will be happy with this investment. In going forward try not to keep all your eggs in the one basket and make sure you diversify your stock assert classes. When we meet and talk in the summer I will explain in more detail how you should structure your stock holdings and invest for growth and your retirement. Hopefully we do this before any decent buying opportunities that you don't want to miss out on this time round.

I'm still holding onto my gold stocks at the moment if that means anything to you, when I feel it is time for me to sell them I will post a heads up here.

I actually recently picked up another 2 gold and silver stocks at lower than usual prices as I feel their future potential is high.
    Thank you VERY much for taking the time to explain that. Currently Ive only got about 10% of my porfolio in Robex. Another 40% is sitting in Amazon stock thats been doing nothing since last September. The rest is in cash waiting for something interesting to come along.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Thank you VERY much for taking the time to explain that. Currently Ive only got about 10% of my porfolio in Robex. Another 40% is sitting in Amazon stock thats been doing nothing since last September. The rest is in cash waiting for something interesting to come along.
    No problem, hopefully when we meet up in the summer when you visit Ontario I can help you with some advice to get you in a better position or at least give you some insight to how I invest and have been successful over the last 2-3 decades at least in my stock investments and portfolio. Maybe you might find me full of crap, but at the least you will be the judge of that after meeting me face to face.

I will say that if you are half as successful as my 20 year old daughter who made over a 100% return in her first year and a half of investing with advice from her dad with only her money from part time work while also going to uni, you will be happy. She recently told me just this year she has made made over $16,000 in growth on only about 10 stocks I suggested to her.

While I wont promise/guaranty you anything, especially not to exactly duplicate my success, but I will give you the advice that made me successful in investing, the hard part is you using what I explain to you and then also using your own intelligence and reasoning to follow basic and time tested investing principles.

12. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By M1917 Enfield

Big-Boss-Man (Yesterday), blacksmithden (03-06-2021), SIR VEYOR (03-06-2021)

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829