Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    * sigh *

Any Bitcoiners ? BTC market cap just passed Alibaba and Tencent in marketcap $736 billion market cap atm
    Proud Supporting Member of the CCFR, CSSA

There's an entire thread for crypto talk.

https://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/sho...Cryptocurrency

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Any Bitcoiners ? BTC market cap just passed Alibaba and Tencent in marketcap $736 billion market cap atm
    I'm very wary of bitcoin after it went from $964 on Jan 1 2017 to $19,166 on Dec 17 2017 and then down to $3,195 of Dec 15 2018 before going to $12,575 on Jul 9 2019 and then back down to $5,355 on Mar 15 2020.

It sure seems like a yo-yo with no valid reason to support these wild swings in price for a currency.

Seems like a good way to either get very rich or very poor, depending on when you buy and how long you hold onto it. I'm afraid it could become outlawed as a number of countries have already done.
    Warning! some sarcasm, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

But imagine being Papa John!

20210107_210849.jpg

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    PGM is at $2.29 and still heading down. Gold has taken a $100/oz hit over the past few days as well. I was thinking of putting in another PGM buy order at $2.25. Thoughts ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

If you had the stomach to buy Tesla post-split last Sept at $400+ per share you've doubled your investment in just over 3 months.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    If you had the stomach to buy Tesla post-split last Sept at $400+ per share you've doubled your investment in just over 3 months.
    Why didnt you tell me to buy ?!?!?!

How can I double my money in the NEXT three months ??? Lol.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

9. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

RangeBob (01-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Why didnt you tell me to buy ?!?!?!

How can I double my money in the NEXT three months ??? Lol.
    Hope that the incoming US president does something really stupid (highly probable) that causes the markets to react with a crash like they did in March and then jump right in and buy a stock with good earnings at a highly discounted price. I was encouraging people here to buy back then but I know a lot stayed on the sidelines of the greatest cheap buying opportunity of the last decade. Also stay away or avoid most Canadian stocks that don't have overseas exposure until Boy Blunder and the Lieberals get shown the door. The Canadian market is performing way under what it did before the Lieberals took power and loaded us all up to the hilt with massive debt.

That's how I made a bunch of great buys like that in March that are now over 200% in price growth.

I should sell them now but am waiting till after I do my taxes and expecting some to go still higher, plus I'm already paying more than my fair share of taxes and am already in the highest tax bracket.

My goal now is to buy and hold stable high dividend paying and inflation proof stocks for the longer term until I retire and sell them as I need the money.
    Warning! some sarcasm, dry humor, playful banter and more may or may not be involved in my postings. Please read anything I have written as being said in the most joyful and happy voice you can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    PGM is at $2.29 and still heading down. Gold has taken a $100/oz hit over the past few days as well. I was thinking of putting in another PGM buy order at $2.25. Thoughts ?
    I would have orders of a min of 1000 shares already in waiting for a buying opportunity at $1.75 - $1.90.

I currently have about 40-50 buy orders in at ridiculously low buy prices on a bunch of stock I wanted or more of. I always have this in place and last march they all started to get filled. I keep renewing them and sometimes adjusting the price every month or two. You never no when some bad news will cause the price to drop suddenly. You also need to be ready with a LOC to pay for them too and avoid ones that are risky.