Reply from Conservative MP

My first response (form letter, methinks) from my MP, curious to see how many I get from others, I kinda e-mailed my face off last night. I'm sending out my snail-mail today to my MP, the PSM, and the PM.

Dear Strewth

Thank you for your letter regarding the Swiss Arms Classic Green.

We are looking into this matter on an urgent basis. Our government is standing up for law-abiding gun owners.

Minister Blaney will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others.

Thank you, once again, for sharing your thoughts on this matter. Please feel free to contact me with any future comments or questions.

Sincerely,

Mark Strahl, MP

Chilliwack-Fraser Canyon
    It would be interesting to see how many of you get the same letter.
    CSSA CCFR

Others are getting the exact same response word for word.

The response comes from the top and is shared with everyone to maintain efficiency and consistency.

I really couldn't care less about "Minister Blaney will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others."

That tells me they are looking at financial compensation. We don't care about financial compensation, we want the RCMP's power curbbed once and for all.

We've been vetted by the RCMP to own firearms. We're law abiding citizens w/o criminal records of any kind. What IF we were to own a 103mm barreled handgun Vs 106mm? What IF we were to own own select fire rifles or one that could be converted? An object doesn't turn a person into a raving mad shooter last time I checked.
    Last edited by Ben; 02-28-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

Received a response today saying the same thing from my mp
    You can't control criminals,their gonna do what their gonna do, regardless what the paper laws say..
    End bill C-68!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I really couldn't care less about "Minister Blaney will take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the actions of others."

That tells me they are looking at financial compensation. We don't care about financial compensation, we want the RCMP's power curbbed once and for all.

We've been vetted by the RCMP to own firearms. We're law abiding citizens w/o criminal records of any kind. What IF we were to own a 103mm barreled handgun Vs 106mm? What IF we were to own own select fire rifles or one that could be converted? An object doesn't turn a person into a raving mad shooter last time I checked.
    Precisely.

The problem needs to be corrected or better yet, eliminated entirely.

Compensation for the state genesis of an aggressive initiation of force can never be enough.

Allow our Rightful Liberty or .....