My email to Minister Blaney

This is what I've sent to Minister Blaney. It is way to long, but I said what I had to say and sent it nonetheless. Anyone is welcome to use part of it, as you see fit. I'm not suggesting that the style/structure is good enough to be a template, but some may not have the time to write one up.

Cheers
    B

Dear Minister Blaney,

I am writing to you today hoping to get some answers as to what your office plans on doing for curbing, once and for all, the powers delegated to the RCMP to bluntly and cowardly reclassify firearms in Canada at the stroke of a pen.

The latest firearm recently reclassified from NON-RESTRICTED and RESTRICTED status (in the case of the shorter barreled Carbine version) to the Prohibited class of firearms is the SAN rifles, produced and imported to Canada for over 12 years without one single criminal incident. Not a single one.

The reason would be that it could “easily be converted to a select-fire” capability. And to this I ask, so what? How can a select-fire firearm be a greater threat to public safety when they are in the hands of law-abiding firearm owners? Is the CPC, via the RCMP, telling us that WE are the source of the firearms that end up in the hands of criminal? Is the CPC, via the RCMP, telling us that we can’t be trusted because we’d, all of a sudden, start committing crimes? Is this really the reason why nothing has been done since the CPC has taken power in Canada.

When the RCMP is allowed to reclassify firearms at their wish and feelings of the day it is not because they pose a threat to public safety, but rather because the RCMP’s CFC goal is quite simple and it is to reduce, as much as possible, little by little, the firearm ownership in Canada, in the hope of reaching the left-wing liberal utopia of safety and no crime.

May I remind you that we, law-abiding gun owners of all flavors, are NOT the cause of firearms crimes in our country, but that the thugs in the ghettos of Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver are? That is it the Mafioso and Biker gangs, the drug dealers, thieves and every other criminal are to blame?

When the RCMP is allowed to reclassify firearms as they have done this week it tells us that they do not trust us with these firearms. It tell use the classes we had to take (two, one for each class of firearms), that the practical exams we had to take (two, one for each class of firearms), that the background check we had to take, that the interviews we had to take, that the interviews of our references had to take….are not good enough??

Do you know what the difference is between a 103mm barrel pistol and a 106mm barreled pistol in Canada, one that is from the SAME company and of the SAME model of pistol?? One is prohibited (103mm) and the other is Restricted (106mm). That is what the C68 tells us: That we can be trusted to not commit any crimes with a 106mm barreled pistol, but we must prohibit the 103mm model? How does that make any sense what so ever? It doesn’t now and it didn’t when the limp-wristed Liberals forced these firearms laws down our throat.

Prime Minister Harper promised us, during his first campaign, that he would get rid of C68 and replace it with a Conservative firearms law. We have yet to hear anything from PM Harper on this. Not a single word since then.

I know that I will most likely get a generic email response back from your office due to the large number of emails, letters and faxes you must be receiving so I will, if you may, close out in saying the following:

I do not wish to receive a reply back from your office that implies there will be financial compensation for the SAN rifles owners.

I do not wish to receive a reply saying that you will “take appropriate action to ensure that firearms owners who acted in good faith are not penalized as a result of the action of others”.

What I wish to read from you is that your office, along with PM Harper, will strike down the OICs that allow the RCMP to act the way it does.

Want I wish to read from you is that you will reverse this decision from the RCMP regarding the arbitrary reclassification of the SAN rifles.

What I wish to read from you is that the CPC will not just stand up for the hunters and farmers, but those of us who practice and compete in highly skilled competitions with restricted firearms. The firearms that do not pose a single threat to public safety as again, we are not those to be concerned about. We are not the criminals that your government should be after.

I wish to thank you for taking the time in reading my letter.

Best regards,
    Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 02-28-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    EOSC Member
    Proud CSSA & NRA Member

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill

Token Female Moderator Candychikita's Avatar
    I liked it. Thank you for posting

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    Good write up I think

Wow, well said!

Nice work, Ben.

Thanks Ben, Please let us know if you get a response.

Excellent letter.