Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckufarlie View Post
    I've been boycotting apple for years now for this very reason. Back in 2009 already they removed a 'Newspapers' app because it didn't meet their standards: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censor...gazine_content

And I thought to myself, if I pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a device, it damn well better be mine to do with as I wish, not censored. Drop all Apple.

The problem is now Google is just as bad if not worse, and it is much more difficult to de-google these days. Google is everywhere.

Soon the only solution will be the low tech solution, just stop using all of this invasive technology. Ditch the phone, ditch the smart watch and all that crap, visit the internet from a linux computer and route through the TOR network with ad-blockers on full (a lot of ads are google analytics based, so the ads themselves are connected to google servers).
    Google is indeed incredibly dangerous...definitely in the Top 5 Most Dangerous Companies on the Planet imo

Worth noting, if you are still using Google as a search engine you are allowing them to influence you directly. They censor what you see HEAVILY. DuckDuckGo is a great alternative search tool that does not censor your queries as Google does.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

Lockdowns are Liberty
    Emancipation via Masks

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Soph

stevebc (01-10-2021)

The Canadian Government. I guess I must have missed it on the lists..
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By barkerlakebob

CLW .45 (01-10-2021), no-one special (01-14-2021), stewbud (Yesterday)

If you use BNS, especially if you run any sort of business related to firearms, you might want to reconsider. From the 'other' site:

Bank of Nova Scotia no friend to the firearms industry
    We received an unsigned letter from BNS a few days ago. It stated that, in about month, they would be closing our accounts. No reason was given and there was no signature and no contact name or phone number on the letter. BNS has held our primary accounts for several years and we've had no overdraws, 'bounced' checks etc and we maintain healthy balances.

After a few days of attempting to contact anybody with the bank who could explain this decision, we did get a response today. Apparently, being a firearms dealer and importer they determined that "Prophet River is outside of Scotiabank’s risk appetite".

This post is to warn other businesses who might use BNS for their accounts that they may be getting similar notifications and it is important to those in our community to make personal and business decisions with such information available.

EDIT:
    The excuse they used is that we deal with EuroOptic quite often. Everything we import from them is approved (and disclosed) by the USA state and/or commerce department with full disclosure of the source, as required by USA law. It seems in the days since BNS sent the unsigned letter, they looked for an excuse to 'dump' us. There is a company on record called EuroOptic in the USA that is on the list of company's banned from exporting and any license submitted with their name on it as the source would be quickly denied. So, it seems BNS looked for a reason but they did not look into it very well. Our exporter for items from EO is a law firm specializing in firearms exports all over the world for retail and law enforcement is is well aware of any banned companies, disclosure and licensing requirements.
    Prophet River
    01-13-2021, 06:39 PM

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By chuckufarlie

Aniest (Yesterday), barkerlakebob (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckufarlie View Post
    If you use BNS, especially if you run any sort of business related to firearms, you might want to reconsider. From the 'other' site:
    Thanks. Saw it on another site.
    Nothing will F--k you up as much as the realization that there's no real reason the alphabet needs to be in order !!

There is no such thing as left over bacon !!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567