Message from JR Carbines in New York

Some of you may be thinking of buy a JR carbine in .45 acp. You might want to rethink that for the time being. I bought one and have had serious issues with it. In speaking to Joe Brooks and Wolverine I have learned that all JR Carbines in .45 ACP are being recalled to the factory. I contacted JR at their head office in New York. Here is their response:

Despite our pre-production testing and the fact that we test fire every JRCarbine that leaves our factory, some of our customers continue to experience feeding problems in our .45acp models. We are currently working on an engineering solution of the problem and have suspended further production and distribution of our .45 acp model pending its resolution. As soon as have resolved the issue we will provide existing .45acp JR Carbine owners the necessary upgrade parts at no charge. We will also resume production and distribution of our .45 acp model incorporating the upgrades design features.

I have been offered a full refund but declined. I still think that this gun has potential. I am returning it and they are sending it back when they figure out what the problem is. I hope it doesn't take as long as it did to get the gun in the first place. I thought I would post this in case you were thinking of ordering one right now. It could be a wait.

This just in: North Sylva, the JR distributor has just been notified by JR that the problem is the bolt and new ones will be sent out to owners and suppliers in about 2 weeks. Man, I hope this does the trick.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Good luck Canuck, thanks for letting us know!

I think they deserve kudos for not hiding behind a rock and giving the typical "Really? We've never heard about that kind of problem before" bull$hit.

Quote Originally Posted by peter2772000 View Post
    I think they deserve kudos for not hiding behind a rock and giving the typical "Really? We've never heard about that kind of problem before" bull$hit.
    I get the impression from the guy's emails that he is very concerned about the reputation of his product. I am sure they will make good. I just want to shoot the darn thing and put those mods on it!!

I also have to say that Joe Brooks in Manitoba has been very responsive as well. They have phoned me several times and emailed frequently. First thing they did was offer a full refund plus shipping costs. I was impressed.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Well, that's a lot better than you'd get from other manufacturers, be it the firearms industry or other.

I'm an HVAC contractor. I'll sometimes see problems in the field with newer-model rooftop a/c units. Repetitive problems of the same nature. If there's one thing I abhor, it's the "Uhhh, no. We've never heard about that problem before." Then, six months later, you get a service bulletin recommending a fix you already suggested to them about, on the very same model unit they claim no one else has problems with.

Can you tell that this is a pet peeve of mine? LOL

Owner - Tundra Supply jonanddad's Avatar
    Its good that they are upfront about the issue and they are working to fix it
    Owner - Tundra Supply