Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

WE ALL MUST JOIN THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ASSOCIATION.

I am presently a member of the NFA, the CSSA, and the NRA so l can keep apprised of what is happening with the Anti-gunners to the south. You just know that the ones up here that want to take away our guns, are learning from their like minded people south of the border. We as Canadians must stand united and join and support firearms organizations that have the ability and the means to fight this fight. Remember, once it is gone, we'll never get it back. So lets not loose anymore guns or rights. Let's show the politicians know how many of us there really are, and that we won't just sit back and let them take away our rights, or our lawfully owned property. The NRA has a strong membership down in the U.S.. Let's make the NFA just as strong...JOIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll pass, thanks. To each their own, but when they make comments like nobody in Canada should have to be licensed, have any safety training of any kind, or have a background check before they can buy guns, that organization does not speak for how I feel.

If they made reasonable arguments for firearm ownership that actually convinced people on the other side to see the light, then I would be all for it, but from what i have seen, they are actually having a net-loss-effect against us by solidifying the opposition.

PS - for future reference, "loose" is the opposite of tight. "Lose" is the opposite of win.
    Last edited by Petamocto; 03-20-2014 at 05:31 PM.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Petamocto

Huge_midget (02-01-2015)

I've been a member for years. Have always sent them a donation from time to time as well. I haven't always agreed with everything they've done, or tried to do, but in general I can't imagine better representation of our interests and they are really the only independent voice we have. Like anything it won't be exactly the way each of us would like all the time.

The nfa has some incredibly knowledgable and tireless people fighting for us every single day. Much more goes on behind the scenes than we realize, and keep in mind it's been going on for a long, long time.

I also like the insurance; not to mention the spiffy magazines. That's a lot of return for 35 bucks.

Far as the mentioned statement in the article, let's be realistic. No one was licenced per se until the pal's came out, and I didn't need a bureaucrat to tell me how to teach my son to shoot, nor did my father to teach me, or his father to teach him...................

Couple that with the fact that legal firearm owners are dramatically less likely to be involved in any sort of crime than the average citizen and I can sort of see the point. Quite frankly we managed to stumble through as gun owners for generations without any bureaucrat's interference.

Worry about the people who do wrong, not the people some bureaucrat or paid activist, "thinks" might do wrong; and even worse, a politician who is willing to happily take away others freedom for a soundbite.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I'll pass, thanks. To each their own, but when they make comments like nobody in Canada should have to be licensed, have any safety training of any kind, or have a background check before they can buy guns, that organization does not speak for how I feel.

If they made reasonable arguments for firearm ownership that actually convinced people on the other side to see the light, then I would be all for it, but from what i have seen, they are actually having a net-loss-effect against us by solidifying the opposition.

PS - for future reference, "loose" is the opposite of tight. "Lose" is the opposite of win.

Can you tell us about the blood running down the streets of Canada before all of this nonsense licensing existed?

When the NFA and CSSA can quit bickering and learn to work together, I'll join and donate. Until then, I'll find other ways to join the fight.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Can you tell us about the blood running down the streets of Canada before all of this nonsense licensing existed?
    Not at all arguing the same point that I am. I never implied that things were dangerous before the PAL system, but the data exists in black and white that every relevant statistic exists to show that Canada is becoming more and more safe over time. I can not say for certain that is tied entirely to the addition of background checks and safety licensing, but it sure hasn't hurt.

I have said this a dozen times already on this forum, but what I want to see is a trade-off with the other side that states in order to legally own guns we must pass X level of hurdles/obstacles, but once we do, and have proven that we are responsible owners, we can own whatever we want.

That's what I do not like about what the NFA is stating, they're taking the US "From my cold dead hands" approach, where everyone has a god-given right to a gun, even if they are natural born psychos with a history of violence and intent to do harm. That's why I'll never support them.

Unless they change their tune, they will only ever cater to a small fraction of the Canadian population, which does not represent the majority of gun owners who understand that the reason we do have better stats on our side of the border is because we have things like checks and balances that do not allow an 18 year old to go buy and AR15 from Wal-Mart on a whim because he had a bad day at school.

but what I want to see is a trade-off with the other side
    Oh my, but you are new, aren't you?

Unless they change their tune, they will only ever cater to a small fraction of the Canadian population, which does not represent the majority of gun owners who understand that the reason we do have better stats on our side of the border is because we have things like checks and balances that do not allow an 18 year old to go buy and AR15 from Wal-Mart on a whim because he had a bad day at school.
    That's a direct quote from pg. 189 of Liberal Talking Points For Browbeating Knuckle Draggers Handbook©, isn't it?

Okay English major.........

Not at all arguing the same point that I am. I never implied that things were dangerous before the PAL system, but the data exists in black and white that every relevant statistic exists to show that Canada is becoming more and more safe over time. I can not say for certain that is tied entirely to the addition of background checks and safety licensing, but it sure hasn't hurt.

I have said this a dozen times already on this forum, but what I want to see is a trade-off with the other side that states in order to legally own guns we must pass X level of hurdles/obstacles, but once we do, and have proven that we are responsible owners, we can own whatever we want.

That's what I do not like about what the NFA is stating, they're taking the US "From my cold dead hands" approach, where everyone has a god-given right to a gun, even if they are natural born psychos with a history of violence and intent to do harm. That's why I'll never support them.

First, there is peer reviewed work by Mauser and Langman that show there is NO EVIDENCE the reduction in crime is due to licensing. The most likely biggest reason (as there would be a multitude of reasons) is an aging population.

Second, while you caught the NFA part about not needing licensing, you MISSED the part where they said they would be ok with a FAC system as a compromise even though again there is no evidence to suggest even that had an impact. This is just like people misunderstanding those of us who are saying repeal C-68. Most of us are not really saying repeal C-68 and leave nothing in its place. We are saying (NFA included here) repeal C-68 and put in legislation that does not criminalize and target law abiding gun owners.

Seriously Petamocto, ya gotta dig deeper than one sound-bite! Oh, and as far as catering to "a small fraction", I'm pretty sure the NFA have a larger membership than the CSSA and are growing at a much faster rate.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast