Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pretty cool. At first I thought it was just another MagBlock, but having a lock on there is pretty cool.

XCR compatible?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    XCR compatible?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Should be, I don't have one to try it in but to my knowledge the form of the XCR mag well is the same as an AR-15.

Here's hoping that they fit the XCR!

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Ditto. I hate messing with keys
    I hate messing with numbers so key be 4 me.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Great news for those of you waiting for the keyed alike version of this amazing AR-15 lock, they have arrived in Canada and I will be picking them up tomorrow and as such they are now available to purchase at http://selectshootingsupplies.com/co...security-locks

Are some of these key-retaining? (The website says that they are, but the one that I received is NOT key-retaining. The keys can be removed in the unlocked position, and the lock can be locked without any key.)

"...When not in use, the keys to the Magazine Lock cannot be removed unless the unit is in the locked position..."

<http://selectshootingsupplies.com/collections/security-locks/products/ar-15-firearm-lock>

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Are some of these key-retaining? (The website says that they are, but the one that I received is NOT key-retaining. The keys can be removed in the unlocked position, and the lock can be locked without any key.)
    I just checked some in inventory and think it's a matter of translation. Although designed in Canada these are made in Germany and all the marketing materials (what there is) also comes from Germany. We copied and pasted from the manufactures site.

That said I think they are being very literal in that the key can not be removed when "turned" to the unlocked position however if you turn the key back 90 degrees thus re-engaging the lock mechanism internally the key is removable prior to re-engaging the lock plunger.

The terminology "key-retaining" and "non-key-retaining" has a specific meaning.
    This Abus video might illustrate the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    The terminology "key-retaining" and "non-key-retaining" has a specific meaning.
    This Abus video might illustrate the difference.

Interesting, I will check with the manufacturer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast