Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quite honestly, I'm ill prepared, but I intend on picking up some gear for the spring. I have a Winchester 1300 Defender (12ga), but that's got a cylinder bore. I'd need a proper barrel to use that. I have a Savage 24 (22LR/20ga) which has a full choke, but a repeater might be useful. I happen to have a box call and knife that came with an OFHA membership package I got last fall, so that's a start; lol.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Quite honestly, I'm ill prepared, but I intend on picking up some gear for the spring. I have a Winchester 1300 Defender (12ga), but that's got a cylinder bore. I'd need a proper barrel to use that. I have a Savage 24 (22LR/20ga) which has a full choke, but a repeater might be useful. I happen to have a box call and knife that came with an OFHA membership package I got last fall, so that's a start; lol.
    You would need some camo including a face covering and you will need a shotgun with at least a full choke... preferably a 12 gauge if you aren't using an extra full turkey choke.... Let me know closer to season where you stand and we can look at setting up a day... you can borrow my 870 if you're stuck.... If money is an issue don't go nuts on camo.... I shot my first bird in an old trebark suit I wore because my realtree stuff was just too warm to wear that day..... as long as you are wearing drab broken up colours and stay still or like Turkeyslayer said, use a ground blind, you'll be good to go.....
    It's no fun punning with a Kleptomaniac... they keep taking things, literally.

Right-on! I'll keep in touch.

this is a great. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.
    CSKillZ101 - Proud member of CSSA and NFA

I finally smartened up and wrote my turkey exam last night. 100% pass, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    I finally smartened up and wrote my turkey exam last night. 100% pass, of course.
    LOL! Didn't we all?

What no pillow belt? You know laying on the hard rocks can give you a sore bottom waiting all day for them to drop from the trees and find your decoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Satain View Post
    What no pillow belt? You know laying on the hard rocks can give you a sore bottom waiting all day for them to drop from the trees and find your decoy.
    Lol.... You only sit in the morning for the most part.... And the vest has a built in seat cushion
    It's no fun punning with a Kleptomaniac... they keep taking things, literally.

Banned
    Ive never actually done turkey before - mainly cause Ive never seen them this far north.

Any reason a .22 cant do the job?

Quote Originally Posted by YukonLeftie View Post
    Ive never actually done turkey before - mainly cause Ive never seen them this far north.

Any reason a .22 cant do the job?
    Turkeys neck movements are like they are on crack or atleast the same movement as a downtown east side junkie. Plus I have even plugged a bird with 3 & 1/2 magnum turkey load and took it's head completely off. The damm bird must have ran for a few seconds before flying away. Then dropped out of the air after a few feet. So if you don't mind climbing a tree or chasing a turkey around then hell have at her. Hell you might even get lucky and plug it on the first shot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast