Homemade Air Conditioner

How To Make A $454 Homemade Air Conditioner For About $15. This Is Totally Awesome, And So Easy To Make!

If you’ve ever had your power go out on one of those hot summer days you know just how important keeping cool can be. Seems every year people die due to heat. Keeping your home cool in the summer can be very expensive if you use your air conditioner. This air conditioner is very simple to make, and can be made in a few minutes if your are handy.

Even if you are not handy you’ll be able to make one of these DIY air conditioners. One of the nice things about this air conditioner is that it will give you up to 6 hours of coolness. This thing works so well you may need to put on a sweatshirt! To make one of these babies you need a few simple tools, a couple of 5 gallon buckets, along with a few other items. Everything is shown in the video.

http://www.thegoodsurvivalist.com/ho...-easy-to-make/
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for 'em.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

Hey, that is awesome! I am def. making a couple of these this summer, I roasted last summer, even with a window A/C. that wasn't enuff, & I love the fact you can use Solar on it.

Air cooler, yes. Air conditioner, only if you like humidity.

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By awndray

Aniest (07-21-2021), kennymo (07-21-2021)

Taking the radiator out of a KW or even a smaller one and hooking your water lines up to circulate through it will work for two things. You blow air through to cool your house and the water warms up so it is not such a shock to your lawn or garden that you feed with the discharge.

I'll definitely try making a few of these with my sons! My current air conditioner is leaking a lot of water, and, until https://www.socool.sg/why-is-your-aircon-leaking-or-dripping-water/ will come to fix it, it's pretty much unusable. This summer is so hot that it became impossible to stay in a room without an AC. So, when I read that your DIY project gives up to 6 hours of coolness, I thought it's perfect. I don't do very well at making stuff from scratch, but luckily, my son Jeremy has always been the crafty type, so he can help me. Thanks for the idea Prairie Dog!
    Last edited by Jinonisie; 07-22-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Air cooler, yes. Air conditioner, only if you like humidity.
    He put a frozen gallon plastic jug in there (2:48) -- so no increase in humidity.

Just ensure you freeze the jug in another building where the freezer's heat can escape. Because if both 'air conditioner' and freezer are in the same building, any cooling expectation would likely be bashed by the second law of thermodynamics.

8. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

Aniest (07-21-2021), barkerlakebob (07-21-2021), Hidyn (07-21-2021)

It's just a diy "swamp cooler"

Quote Originally Posted by shootemup604 View Post
    It's just a diy "swamp cooler"
    Aren’t all swamp coolers DIY?

Evaporative coolers be different