Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ed Burlew Reclassification Podcast Interview

Firearms Lawyer Ed Burlew speaks about the Swiss, 858, High River, FRT, Legal Implications of the Amnesty and the proposed firearms committee, and much more including a class action lawsuit for both the Swiss and 858 rifles.

You can listen to the episode on Slam Fire Radio podcast. Follow the link below or do a search on iTunes under Slam Fire Radio in the iTunes store.

http://www.slamfireradio.com

You want Episode 53.

I suggest you listen to the whole show as Slam Fire is an awesome podcast. However if you are in a hurry - the audio segment on the reclassification starts at around the 30 minute mark.

Also - if you want to support the challenge you can send in a donation.

Or if you live in the Toronto area you can show support by coming to the fundraiser to support the reclassification challenge.

Info for the fundraiser event is in this thread:

http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthre...-April-26-2014

I hope you all find the interview informative and insightful.

Thanks

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Now THAT was worth listening to !
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

SFR is always awsome. Ed has some good and troubling insights on the Firearms Act, RCMP, and FRT. It nice to here some political topics. There aren't any other Canadian podcasts that cover the political aspect - that I'm aware of.
    "I've always felt the nine most terrifying words in the English language are I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan
    Member NRA & CCFR

Cheers guys I'm glad you enjoyed the interview.

Ed's comments do highlight some of the things a few of us have been saying here about the RCMP - namely that they are able to essentially mislead the minister of public safety to get what they want and it's difficult for the minister to force them to go back. That's why the system needs to change, and it's very complicated to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very informative everyone should listen to this
    and he did say that he believes they will come after all semi autos eventually
    if we don't all stand up against this

and he did say that he believes they will come after all semi autos eventually
    if we don't all stand up against this
    Of course they will. They're going to come after them all eventually. The 'young liberals' just tried to get a resolution passed at thier last policy convention to enact 'Australia style' gun bans, which means semi's, levers and pumps.

Foxer in your opinion where are our efforts as individuals best focused
    to stop this BS , letters to the saftey minister, our MP's, Harper where
    as I just recieved a new att as well with the gunsmith clause taken out

Quote Originally Posted by speedloader View Post
    Foxer in your opinion where are our efforts as individuals best focused
    to stop this BS , letters to the saftey minister, our MP's, Harper where
    as I just recieved a new att as well with the gunsmith clause taken out
    It's kind of a complex answer, there's a lot of variables for each individual. It depends in part on how much time you have for example Also, the answer is kind of different for short term, mid term and long term answers to these problems.

Without a doubt, sending letters to your mp's and to the minister for safety and to harper is a very good place to start. remember - letters addressed to their official offices are postage free and so are emails. Be brief and professional.

IF your local mp is a CPC'er, it's also a good idea to call the local constituency office and ask to meet with them when they are available. Remember, they'll be in ottawa when the house is sitting but they'll likely be home other times. If you do meet with them, have your concerns figured out in your head before hand, and leave them with a one page (ONE page) bullet point highlighting your concerns or relevant facts. If your riding isn't cpc - call the local riding office and ask if they have a candidate or policy committee.

You can find your local riding here if you don't know it: http://www.elections.ca/content.aspx...t=index&lang=e

Then just google the conservative office for that riding.

It's VERY good to volunteer during elections - that really gets noticed and gives you a chance to talk to the candidate one on one and they do remember their volunteers.

There's a lot of other things you can do but getting into all of them would involve writing a small novel You can work with the gun orgs and support them, you can write letters to the editors when stories come up in the paper (very effective if done right) you can attend policy conventions and such, etc etc.

Start with writing letters to the mp, the PM and the minister for safety. That's always a good thing. Encourage your friends/wife/gf/dog/whatever to do the same. The more letters they get the more they realize there are people who give a darn and that builds a lot of political capital for our cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast