Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Revocation of Registration Certificate

Based on some information i recieved and have great confidence in i am writing to the Firearms Center to ask if they are revoking my registration certificate for my restricted Swiss Arms rifle. I am advised that they have been instructed not to do so. If they do not revoke the certificate then it remains restricted in its use and possession much the same way a 12.6 handgun is. A legislative paradox now exists with these firearms.

Is the paradox legislative, or political? By the letter of the law: http://http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-p...dors56-eng.php
    the rifle is still restricted, but you're only allowed to transport it to the RCMP, or a museum?
    It's in a class of it's own, ha-ha?

I thought the amnesty is a placeholder, or even just bafflegab, while this mess is sorted out? As per the above link, we can have them, we just can't do anything with them?
    CSSA CCFR

Watching this with great interest.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

Sounds like they're in the same category as my Galil SARs... Can't leave the house with them except to be surrendered.

We need a pretty serious revamp of the laws

Quote Originally Posted by Strewth View Post
    Is the paradox legislative, or political? By the letter of the law: http://http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-p...dors56-eng.php
    the rifle is still restricted, but you're only allowed to transport it to the RCMP, or a museum?
    It's in a class of it's own, ha-ha?

I thought the amnesty is a placeholder, or even just bafflegab, while this mess is sorted out? As per the above link, we can have them, we just can't do anything with them?
    The paradox exists because the registration certificate is not revoked and the certificate identifies the rifle as restricted. If they revoke the certificate I can appeal through the courts. This creates a court case they do not want on the books as that process will be a burden with legislative changes. A courts judgement is a pain in the ass. If they take steps to revoke the restricted certificates but do nothing to collect the non restricted ones (amnesty) then there is no public safety issue.

We all put up with years of these registries and programs that have been intrusive and abusive in our lives. I had an casual conversation with a senior staff member of the PCO a few days ago and he laughed at the topic of gun control. "Everyone knows the issue of gun control is just politics, any politician who tells you it is about public safety is a liar. Hunters don't rob the corner store"

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    "Everyone knows the issue of gun control is just politics, any politician who tells you it is about public safety is a liar. Hunters don't rob the corner store"
    Nailed it! I'll be interested to see how this develops.
    I like guns.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidheal View Post
    Sounds like they're in the same category as my Galil SARs... Can't leave the house with them .
    2 words... SHOOTING WINDOW
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherRockeye View Post

That's funny...i used to hunt deer from the cottage. They would walk across the frozen lake and I'd just open the sliding door and shoot from the kitchen table.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherRockeye View Post
    Funny thing... I've already started looking into a range on my own property. Catch is I'd have to be a member of a club to get an ATT to transport my restricted/prohibs from the house to the backyard. Awesome laws...

I didn't want to break the CFO staff by jumping to the next step of shooting FROM my house on the 1st chat.

LOL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    The paradox exists because the registration certificate is not revoked and the certificate identifies the rifle as restricted. If they revoke the certificate I can appeal through the courts. This creates a court case they do not want on the books as that process will be a burden with legislative changes. A courts judgement is a pain in the ass. If they take steps to revoke the restricted certificates but do nothing to collect the non restricted ones (amnesty) then there is no public safety issue.

We all put up with years of these registries and programs that have been intrusive and abusive in our lives. I had an casual conversation with a senior staff member of the PCO a few days ago and he laughed at the topic of gun control. "Everyone knows the issue of gun control is just politics, any politician who tells you it is about public safety is a liar. Hunters don't rob the corner store"
    Of course this avenue is only available in a non-totalitarian state; such is not the current case in Canada, when firearms are involved. In a non-totalitarian Canada, bureaucrats must answer to parliament, not run roughshod over the freedom of mere citizens, with little or no oversight or consequences to their actions.

I don't think they will provide even a slim chance of someone challenging these regulatory changes in court. Just imagine the backlog it would create in the court system if everyone demanded their "right" to appear before a judge. Sort of like photo-radar; if everyone fought the ticket the tickets from just one day would plug up the courts for a year.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Edenchef; 04-27-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast