Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member bettercallsaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    1,908

    Glock 41 in Canada

    Hey guys,

    Some of you may know about the Glock 41. It's a full size 45 ACP pistol in the same category as the G34 & G35. It's only been out a few months, but has anyone seen one in Canada yet?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Sabio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newmarket, Ont.
    Posts
    1,180
    Calgary shooting center says they have some in stock. Pricing most likely will not be favorable.

    It's about $50 more USD. So that would make it a $950+ pistol here. ouch.
    Previously- Rivetc78 from CGN

  3. #3
    Senior Member Petamocto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Rusagonis/Waasis, NB
    Posts
    6,718
    I thought about buying a 34/35 for the extra accuracy and better trigger, but I just couldn't get over that extra inch ruining the look of the pistol; it screws up the whole proportion of the look.

    To me it's like looking at a Porsche 911 and thinking "This is a beautifully proportioned sports car" and then seeing the 4-door Panamera, and thinking "This now looks goofy in comparison".

    I think it's because the lower doesn't go all the way to the front, so it loses the block shape. The extra inch could have been fine if they had kept the square shape for the entire length, but IMO it is their effort to sort of slope it up that kills the mojo.
    Last edited by Petamocto; 05-06-2014 at 06:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member bettercallsaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I thought about buying a 34/35 for the extra accuracy and better trigger, but I just couldn't get over that extra inch ruining the look of the pistol; it screws up the whole proportion of the look.

    To me it's like looking at a Porsche 911 and thinking "This is a beautifully proportioned sports car" and then seeing the 4-door Panamera, and thinking "This now looks goofy in comparison".

    I think it's because the lower doesn't go all the way to the front, so it loses the block shape. The extra inch could have been fine if they had kept the square shape for the entire length, but IMO it is their effort to sort of slope it up that kills the mojo.
    I don't mind how the long slide Glocks look, but I just don't think the extra $150 to $200 is worth paying for the extra inch of sight radius unless you shoot competitively. The velocity increase would be negligible.

    I think if I were to get a Glock, it would be a 3rd Gen G17. I don't like the huge mag release or the grip stippling on the 4th Gen Glocks.

    My fascination with 45 acp might be over.

  5. #5
    Senior Member harbl_the_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future Republic of Western Canada
    Posts
    6,061
    Does it have a slim frame/mag well?

    I had a Glock 21 before and it felt like I was holding a coke can every time I shot it.

    I don't have small hands, but it felt big.

    I sold it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member bettercallsaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    Does it have a slim frame/mag well?

    I had a Glock 21 before and it felt like I was holding a coke can every time I shot it.

    I don't have small hands, but it felt big.

    I sold it.
    I watched the Hickok45 video for the Glock 41, it does indeed have the thin slide. Same thickness as the Glock 34/35. He compared it to the Glock 21 and wow, big difference.


  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Hey guys,

    Some of you may know about the Glock 41. It's a full size 45 ACP pistol in the same category as the G34 & G35. It's only been out a few months, but has anyone seen one in Canada yet?
    I own one, I believe it to be first one sold in Canada. I pre-ordered with The Shooting Center in Calgary the day it was announced at Shot Show. A big kudos to those guys for getting the pistol in stock for me!

    When the pistol finally landed I was quick to give them my money.

    I'm unsure what the policy is about posting links or prices in the forums... Needless to say, and as others have noted... you pay quite the premium for what is essentially a $650 USD pistol.

    The G41 is 3oz lighter than the G21. It does not operate any differently from any G21 I've used (recoil characteristics). I can't say I would recommend one over the other... They feel pretty much identical if you don't own either, and the difference will come down to which you end up using more.

    Fully loaded with a 10 round magazine the pistol is ~1.00KG. The main benefit for the G41 is the longer sight radius (as noted above).

    Frame: Same part as G21 gen4
    Recoil assembly: Same part as G21 gen4
    Barrel: Same weight and twist. The G41 barrel is obviously longer, but it has thinner walls than the G21 barrel.
    Slide: 3oz. lighter. Narrow slide similar to G34/35 with some extra material removed in the slide. It does not have the top cut out that the 34/35 have

    There are a few different OEM versions of the G41 floating around in USA and on Youtube.

    Standard Glock sights /w 5.5 lbs connector
    Adjustable sights /w 4.5 lbs connector

    CSC received the version with Adjustable sights, and 4.5 lbs connector. I don't know what the other vendors in Canada received.

    Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this pistol, and it's now my primary range firearm.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Westicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fort St John B.C.
    Posts
    250
    does it fit in a g34/35 holster ??

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Westicle View Post
    does it fit in a g34/35 holster ??
    Yes sir,

    I use a Fobus GL2E2 (Glock 17, 19, 22, 23, 34, 35 Belt Holster). Fit is nice and snug, pistol doesn't rattle or have play on any axis.

  10. #10
    Senior Member harbl_the_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Future Republic of Western Canada
    Posts
    6,061
    Welcome to the board SW586.

    Don't call me "sir," I'm not an officer any more :P

    I had a lot of fun shooting your G41 over the weekend... so much so, I think I might eventually end up picking one now that I've cleared out a lot of space in my locker.

    I knew it felt slim, but didn't realize it's the same width and fits a G17/G22 holster.

    Especially looking at that Hickok video it's a HUGE difference between a G21 and G41.

    Hmm... $950... have to think about that one... although my G26 and G19 were about that price.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 05-20-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2018, 01:48 AM
  2. Canada Day Glock Sale!!
    By TSE_Sales in forum The Shooting Edge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 02:36 PM
  3. Lone Wolf Glock Parts Avaiable in Canada
    By Marshall in forum Aztech Armory
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •