Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sweet an archery section

With all the fluff about cz and swiss arms, i never even noticed there was an archery section. Ive been an archerer since the early 80's. i still shoot in my backyard and even yesterday i was pounding a rolled up carpet with a 50lb recurve and carbon arrows.

I stopped last fall due to an elbow problem but this past week i had no problem pulling a 50lb

Do we have a bullwhip section? I have a collection of those as well that ive been using longer than guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo9mm View Post
    With all the fluff about cz and swiss arms, i never even noticed there was an archery section. Ive been an archerer since the early 80's. i still shoot in my backyard and even yesterday i was pounding a rolled up carpet with a 50lb recurve and carbon arrows.

I stopped last fall due to an elbow problem but this past week i had no problem pulling a 50lb

Do we have a bullwhip section? I have a collection of those as well that ive been using longer than guns.

Wow - pistols, whips and pointy sticks We should start calling you "Indiana Steveo"

I love archery, tho i don't get much time to do it and make no claims of expert skill or even ANY skill. I can usually manage minute of squirrel if i'm close enough

Archery i started a long time ago. Bull whips was because of Indiana jones and more lately, Adam Winrich. About 2 years ago i fell upon his videos on youtube and got sucked into the world of tapered leather.

I got interested in whips a little while back - but never went anywhere with it. Just too many other things. Extremely cool tho. I always wondered if a bullwhip crack would be effective on deterring a bear (but wouldn't have the nerve to try it without a few guys with big bores to back me up when the bear decided to floss my teeth with it )

Good question. It might be. I know my 12 foot will wake up the neighborhood if i crack it at night. Or possibly get the police helicopter on me.

Funny you mention minute of squirrel Foxer, that is precisely what I am working towards. I have 2 squirrels that live on the property that I have been having a Caddyshack style battle with for several years. Sure I could shoot them with a .22, but I've made it a goal to get them with my bow. Little jerks rip the garbage apart and try to live in the hottub foam. I'm shooting a Martin take down recurve with no sights. I love learning instinctive shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Funny you mention minute of squirrel Foxer, that is precisely what I am working towards. I have 2 squirrels that live on the property that I have been having a Caddyshack style battle with for several years. Sure I could shoot them with a .22, but I've made it a goal to get them with my bow. Little jerks rip the garbage apart and try to live in the hottub foam. I'm shooting a Martin take down recurve with no sights. I love learning instinctive shooting.
    Sounds pretty epic There is something strangely cathartic and borderline spiritual about instinctive shooting a bow. I bought those snake bows (little 22ish lb re curves) for my gf and her boys and we took 'em out shooting them a few times now. The boys like it but she just loves it - quite a natural too, in almost no time she was grouping 2 inches at 15 yards or so. She's president of her strata and she' got so excited she wanted to deliver notices using the bow, enforce parking bylaws with it (arrow stuck in your tire when you come out with a note explaining which bylaw you violated by parking there), etc etc. But fortunately I got her calmed down a bit

Token Female Moderator Candychikita's Avatar
    A bullwhip section? I think that could be arranged heh.

The last time I left my bullwhip lying around someone took out my ceiling mount lights bahahahaha. Oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by Candychikita View Post
    A bullwhip section? I think that could be arranged heh.

The last time I left my bullwhip lying around someone took out my ceiling mount lights bahahahaha. Oh boy
    I think i may have just divined a new revenue stream for this board.

Glad I'm not the only one with a bullwhip. Found it in an antique store in Saskatchewan visiting family in the Qu'appelle Valley. I got in trouble for practicing by picking the leaves and flowers off of my cousin's rhododendron. Have a Martin compound bow too, haven't used it in years. Probably needs to be sussed out by a proshop before being drawn again.

Last edited by Strewth; 05-06-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    CSSA CCFR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast