Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Truth about Slide Fire Stocks

Simply put, after calling up the CFP and asking if one has been submitted to them to test and figure out if it's prohibited or not, I was told they had one submitted to them awhile back and they would email me their findings.

The product known as the SSAR-15 Slide Fire manufactured by Slide Fire Solutions, falls under the ambit of the Regulations appended to The Criminal Code Part III, Section 84 - PART 4, Prohibited Devices, paragraph 1.

"Any electrical or mechanical device that is designed or adapted to operate the trigger mechanism of a semi automatic firearm for the purpose of causing the firearm to discharge cartridges in rapid succession".

The Slide Fire device is a "prohibited device". For this reason you do not see the SSAR-15 Slide Fire manufactured by Slide Fire Solutions offered for sale in Canada.

Hope this helps.

William Etter

William (Bill) Etter
    Senior Firearms Technologist
    Specialized Firearms Support Services
    Firearms Investigative & Enforcement Services Directorate
    RCMP - CFP
    Policing Support Services

613-993-6684
    So I fired back a reply just to see if they'll clarify why it falls under that ruling if it doesn't effect the trigger mechanism and if it doesn't have any mechanical workings.

"Any electrical or mechanical device that is designed or adapted to operate the trigger mechanism of a semi automatic firearm for the purpose of causing the firearm to discharge cartridges in rapid succession".
    That in no way applies to the slide-fire stock....

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    That in no way applies to the slide-fire stock....
    Sadly you're right but they get to make the rules until one of us becomes rich enough to fight it in court

To fight this an analysis is needed, but who will decide if Etter is correct? By the RCMP declaring the deice prohibited none can be legally imported to test, all imports will be seized, then a hearing before the Customs board would be heard on the nature of the item. But that ruling will not determine if the item is within the law or still subject to a criminal code charge upon importation.

The BIG problem is there is no method to challenge the decisions of police aside from a criminal court disagreeing with their interpretations. There is no body for the purpose of determining whether a deice is prohibited.

Senior Member OutdoorPursuitsCanada's Avatar
    You can appeal seized prohibted devices through Canada customs (CBSA) up to two times - but most likely will get nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mouthpiece View Post
    To fight this an analysis is needed, but who will decide if Etter is correct? By the RCMP declaring the deice prohibited none can be legally imported to test, all imports will be seized, then a hearing before the Customs board would be heard on the nature of the item. But that ruling will not determine if the item is within the law or still subject to a criminal code charge upon importation.

The BIG problem is there is no method to challenge the decisions of police aside from a criminal court disagreeing with their interpretations. There is no body for the purpose of determining whether a deice is prohibited.
    Technically just because the RCMP states it's prohibited doesnt mean the CBSA states it is. There are a number of slidefire stocks in Canada already because of this reason. Granted this might have changed lately though.

Sad! So what happened to not guilty until foumd guilty in a court of law, we are fast becoming a police state with NO due process. The RCMP the CFO"S and local police are crossing the line daily and there aim is for the most part the sport shooter and sport man who tries to fill his freezer every fall rather than the street gang or B/E thief .Its time the police work the streets and go after the fences and dope dealers .pimps and gangs with guns and earn the respect of the sport shooter again.

It is not a police state, it is an oligarchy of unelected bureaucrats wrestling power away from our elected representatives the same as in the USA. This was started decades ago and I believe is starting to reach it's crescendo. The police, with the exception of high level bureaucrats within the police are not at fault. I recently had a conversation with a detachment supervisor about just how hamstrung they are trying to work within our current system. It is much, much worse than even I had imagined. Police on the streets are only as effective as the system they work within, when shooters themselves start agreeing with the insanity that are our laws, how can anyone expect a police officer to disagree?

The problem is in the mirror figuratively speaking, unless people open thier eyes and minds it will get worse, much, much worse.

I can look in a mirror and I was not the problem its a two way mirror as I see it the police have a very serious attitude they have to take the lawful guys first. They get some headlines then call in the army like in Mexico to clean up the drug and gangs that has been beyond their level of competence.The gangs should of been first as their record is much worse than mine as a gun owner but the risk was to great. Don't it make you feel safe.PS CFO'S defies an act of Parliament ques we know why this cop sleeps on his tummy aka bad back cant stand up for anything

I wasn't referring to you looking on the mirror but the vast majority of Canadians and more specifically Canadian gun owners who actually believe our current system prevents criminals from getting guns and keeps our streets safe. They love the nanny system and want it to stay because many of them feel special that the government "allows" or "trusts" them to have a gun. To bad they don't realize it is a ruse, the government does not trust them at all, in fact the government has set up the system specifically to target them all the while knowing no one is made safer. In fact everyone is made less safe because of gun laws. It is a proven fact.

I believe other wise law abiding people are unfairly and unjustly targeted specifically because it improves conviction rates. Criminals know the system and how not to incriminate themselves and how to capitalize on the smallest of police infringements on thier rights or procedure, things an other wise law abiding person would never possibly know. The police use the same tactics on both criminal and otherwise non criminal but the otherwise honest people and gun owners fall into the traps the criminals do not.

Then we get to the crown, there things can take on a decidedly malevolent slant full of personal and political agenda's.

Certain CFO's need to be removed, but can they be? I doubt it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast