Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RPAL interviews

RPAL interviews

I have applied for my RPAL.
    They called my first reference last Friday but not my wife or other friend yet.
    Has any one else experienced this or did they call your references all at once?
    I am just itching to get it in my hot little hands

Think you might be in the wrong section.

Covered under legalities I believe. Once they recieve your application amd it is in processing, call in and ask to do your interview. Then have your references call and do theirs right away. This will speed things up immensely. waiting for them is next to useless as they will call once. If they dont get through to a reference they wont try again for a long time. If they have contacted your one reference then call them yourself.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haywire1; 06-05-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

It took me ten months to get my rpal due to one of my references not calling the RCMP back.

It was nearly six months before they sent a letter saying my references were ineligible and asked for new ones. I replied back to them the next day. It took about a month for them to contact the references and it was three months from that point that I received it.
    Dear NFA - I quit.

I just did the interview for my nephew the other day. They only need to interview 1 reference now, apparently. The interview took no more than 5 minutes. They basically asked the same question 4 times, just worded it different - "do you have any reason to believe _______ should not own firearms?"
    When they interviewed both my references, they took 20 mins each.
    Seems to be getting a bit more lax. Good in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I just did the interview for my nephew the other day. They only need to interview 1 reference now, apparently. The interview took no more than 5 minutes. They basically asked the same question 4 times, just worded it different - "do you have any reason to believe _______ should not own firearms?"
    When they interviewed both my references, they took 20 mins each.
    Seems to be getting a bit more lax. Good in my books.

I don't know about that. I took my RPAL last fall and my buddy told me that they asked the craziest questions. For example, "does he become agitated or excited when watching action movies?". When he told me this, I just did a face palm and shook my head. Both my references were called as well. Received my license in a timely fashion (all together maybe 2 months). My wife on the other hand, well, we're still waiting......

I had a couple weird questions for a friends interview too like "Is he the type of person to solve a problem with violence?"

I must fart rainbows, my references weren't even called.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    I had a couple weird questions for a friends interview too like "Is he the type of person to solve a problem with violence?"

I must fart rainbows, my references weren't even called.
    I've been asked that one a couple times. I've been a reference for at least a dozen people. "Have you got a few minutes to answer some questions, or would you like to call back at a more convenient time ?" Uhhhhh...no....I actually want this person to get their license sometime within the next dozen years, so we'll get this out of the way right now so there are no excuses. LOL.

Same old questions that have already been posted....basically, they're asking you in a long, drawn out way, if the person is sane, stable, and not a risk.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    October 21 2022 - Liberals ban all handgun sales and transfers in Canada via order in council - NEVER FORGET !!!

yeah don't wait or you will be a year older..... call them and have your references call them
    any excuse,and I mean any , will be used to delay it, don't give them one, once the references are done you've pretty much got it
    when the web site says issued call again and get your number while its in the mail and then its all over but the shopping!

If you are waiting for a firearms license (or someone you know is waiting for one), and you think that enough time has passed, and you're wondering what the matter is, don't hesitate to call to ask about it.
    There might be an issue - like a reference they need to speak with - that will not be resolved until after you call (and learn about it).

If you think you've waited long enough, just call them.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast