Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow, I'm surprised so many got nothing. Oh well, lot's of general tag opportunities I guess. If any of you guys who got nothing want some help with your draws next year, don't be scared to ask privately....just throwing that out there.

Me: Calling season bull moose, Wainwright deer, local WT doe(last minute decision, I have a new flintlock )

Wife: Cow elk, local doe tags, she didn't get mule buck but Did get Wainwright deer (she was on the bubble the last two draws).

Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    How much priority was your wainwright deer? Myself and my little brother are priority 3's and my youngest brother is a 1 non of us have ever went. Is it a decent hunt? I think I'll try and pick up some undersubscribed as well this year as local mule doe is always available

Btw congrats on all your draws
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way"

Thanks, You too!

Never hunted Wainwright. Started putting son and I in when he was still in high school, idea being a flintlock season for us, and some different country to see. Just never worked out as shortly after son's work takes him all over the place and it's tough to sched. (Finally this year he said to put us in although we decided on first rifle as son won't get a chance to get up to speed on the bp gun) Wife was on the bubble this year but got drawn for that with p5 so it'll be a family hunt.
    Son has been saving his p for a moose hunt there. We'll use our time to not only hunt deer, but spot for moose for son's future hunt.

I've done lot's of reading what guys have posted on it, it's a cull hunt, so lot's of guys, but like anyplace else with lot's of guys I'm sure once we leave the truck and walk away from the trails it'll be a good hunt. Plus, given you get tags for, "two deer", (sex and species inconsequential) the odds should be pretty good for success I would think.

Looking at last yrs results: http://mywildalberta.com/Hunting/Hun...ode17-2013.pdf p1 would get you into the second or third rifle season, BP 5, "maybe" p4 and first rifle 6 for sure, 5 a solid maybe.

Nope. Screwed yet again. Glad I don't require a draw to hunt at Safeway.

In the thriving metropolis of Beiseker AB.
    Nothing.
    But it was my first time ever .
    You had me at Bacon

NFA

I did get my Sask whitetail draw though...

Cow moose, cow elk, and mule doe for me. My grandfather got bull moose and mule doe.
    Best part is the furthest we have to go to hunt in 15-20 minutes away from my door!
    "A Shootist’s Prayer"
    Guns are good;
    Guns are great;
    Please Lord help those who us hate.
    Give us this day our daily lead,
    and hunting land we’ll call a spread.
    If I should die here on this day,
    I pray for guns in Heaven with which to play.

Amen,

Cow moose and muley buck!!

BruceW hunted the base last year, lots of road hunters. if your willing to go a couple meters into the bush lots of deer. if your looking for good spots PM me. Being posted to wainwright does have some advantages..........

Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    So did anyone grab any undersubscribed draws? I ended up buying four mulie doe tags for the family, figured if were going to be in that area looking for a bull elk might as well grab some meat tags. I plan on starting scouting and gaining permission as all my permission is south of that anyone familiar with 206, 222, 226, and 244? We need to find a bull with at least 6pts on one side :-)
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way"

Yup, long time hunting partner was raising his priority this year, I told him if I had time and there were some good close undersubscribed tags I'd go with him, we picked up cow tags for the last Suffield season. Told him it being the last of 5 cull season's I wouldn't count on elk meat but at least it'll give him a hunt (and a reason to come for a visit).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast