Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Y'know - i've never actually been much of a fan of the browning guns for the price anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Y'know - i've never actually been much of a fan of the browning guns for the price anyway.
    As a few of us have mentioned, it is specifically their semi-auto hunting rifle (the BAR) that is really hard to beat. IMO it even has a really nice look to it; it's not just a "normal" rifle that looks like everything else, but I think it has the best curves of any hunting rifle. The angle of the handguard and the grip are the best I have ever seen.

As for price, you can get a BAR in the $1200-$1500 range, which is certainly cheaper than most piston-based semi-auto systems. Piston-based ARs are $2000-$3500 unless they are super cheap knock-offs which are still ~$1200+. Piston semi-auto shotguns like the Benelli M4 are $2000.

I like my xbolt so far.
    I like it better than my howa at least.
    And my savage.

The BARs look superb
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Well i guess everyone's got a gun or two that calls to them. It really doesn't turn my crank that much but fair enough, it sounds like a good deal for what you're getting and if it calls to you then more power to you.

My opinion is that I will buy 100% from a place that has great customer service, including: manufacturer, distributer and seller. I have one place that charged an extra $20.00 for each any every gun than any other store. But because they care about their customers and are wiling to go the extra mile, I will buy from them and only them.

In my opinion there is no difference from a suppliers standpoint with distributers/manufactures as to a customer to supplier.
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Gunny, I agree that it is good to support people with local people with good customer service, but my worry is avoiding the pitfall of believing anecdotal examples as the cost of avoiding statistics.

For example, someone listens to their Dad who says Chrysler is awesome and imports are junk, so they buy a Dodge Journey instead of a Toyota Rav4, even though the millions of replies to Consumer Reports have advised otherwise.

I would love it if some sort of Consumer Reports-like mass sample service existed for firearm-related products. Customers could rate stores, and stores could rate manufacturers, and the end result would be a much more statistically reliable sample of what stores and manufacturers are worth supporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Gunny, I agree that it is good to support people with local people with good customer service, but my worry is avoiding the pitfall of believing anecdotal examples as the cost of avoiding statistics.

For example, someone listens to their Dad who says Chrysler is awesome and imports are junk, so they buy a Dodge Journey instead of a Toyota Rav4, even though the millions of replies to Consumer Reports have advised otherwise.

I would love it if some sort of Consumer Reports-like mass sample service existed for firearm-related products. Customers could rate stores, and stores could rate manufacturers, and the end result would be a much more statistically reliable sample of what stores and manufacturers are worth supporting.

Sounds like a good business venture to me! But good lord would that take some hard work!! If something like that existed, it would defiantly start improving the sellers and manufactures attitude!
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123