Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    If it wasn't then firearms could be regulated by the provinces and municipalities.
    Like cars? (province)
    or
    Like bicycles? (municipalities)

Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    (a) a person who possesses a prohibited firearm, a restricted firearm, a non-restricted firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any prohibited ammunition while the person is under the direct and immediate supervision of a person who may lawfully possess it, for the purpose of using it in a manner in which the supervising person may lawfully use it; or

So, no change in the classifications.
    Yes. Non-restricted was not defined until this act. Add with that new OIC powers to reclassify any firearm (any prohibited or restricted) to nonrestricted. It is because of this new OIC power that nonrestricted needed to be defined. And so much of the text of the bill is just an insertion of "nonrestricted" into various parts that already existed without it.
    Pew pew pew

12. (1) Section 58 of the Act is amended by adding the following after subsection (1):
    (1.1) However, a chief firearms officer’s power to attach a condition to a licence, an authorization to carry or an authorization to transport is subject to the regulations.

So, the CFO must first create a regulation before attaching a 'reasonable' condition to the ATT (which still exist), or a licence.
    Nope. That means any conditions must be those that already exist under the FA and not some new made up bs.
    Pew pew pew

No I don't think that is what is said. That part is about curtailing CFO powers is it not?
    AFTER the next renewal. IF the CFO does not apply a condition to the license at the time of renewal.

Like cars? (province)
    or
    I wish firearms were regulated by the provinces instead of the feds, it would make things way easier.

Like cars? (province)
    or
    ? The fact that firearms are in the CC is what makes the feds the only ones who can regulate them. This isn't my opinion, it is well established fact.
    Pew pew pew

AFTER the next renewal. IF the CFO does not apply a condition to the license at the time of renewal.
    No. This will make ATT part of the RPAL when enacted and upon a renewal a CFO can't dick around with it.
    Pew pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by oilman28 View Post
    I wish firearms were regulated by the provinces instead of the feds, it would make things way easier.
    So does Wynne and Chow.
    Pew pew pew

No. This will make ATT part of the RPAL when enacted and upon a renewal a CFO can't dick around with it.
    when enacted?

I don't see that in the proposed legislation, what I do see is:
    ", if the licence is renewed, be authorized to transport"

The effect is to grandfather in existing ATTS and their conditions and only start the new combined license+ATT AFTER renewal.
    If they had wanted to make the change as of the effective date of the legislation they would Not have included the ", if the licence is renewed," part.
    The change is effective on renewal, if the licence is renewed. So we are looking at up to 5 years of existing ATTs.

when enacted?

I don't see that in the proposed legislation, what I do see is:
    ", if the licence is renewed, be authorized to transport"

The effect is to grandfather in existing ATTS and their conditions and only start the new combined license+ATT AFTER renewal.
    If they had wanted to make the change as of the effective date of the legislation they would Not have included the ", if the licence is renewed," part.
    The change is effective on renewal, if the licence is renewed. So we are looking at up to 5 years of existing ATTs.
    I'm on a tablet which sucks looking this up, but I don't think that is right. I'm pretty sure I read in the announcement or bill that RPAL=ATT would happen right away.

Once people like Solomon and Ed have picked this apart we will need to write letters pointing out errors etc. There is no doubt the text of this bill will change some by the time it is presented for 2nd reading.
    Pew pew pew

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast