Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bore Scope

Bore Scope

I suspect that, like me, many would like to have a bore scope, but the Hawkeye units are just a bit pricey if one doesn't have an urgent need, or wouldn't use it a great deal. I happened across this unit from Innovative Technologies:
    http://www.larrywillis.com/ and received it yesterday. Now, having never used a Hawkeye, I cannot make a comparison, but I must say that I was quite impressed with this affordable unit. I only ran it down half a dozen barrels so far, but clarity was pretty good on the little screen, and I was able to observe fouling, or lack of, and clearly see the condition of rifling and wear in the throats. Only draw-back is that it is not optimal for bores bigger than .308, but I found, in the one I tried, that it would focus well on one side of the bore, and then could be repositioned to see the other side. So, all told, I like it, and think it is worth looking at for those who have been kicking around the idea of having a bore scope.

Forgot to mention: comes in an hard, foam-filled case, very well protected and tightly fitted in foam....

How small can it go? Will it fit in a .17 cal?

Not sure.....didn't have one to try. By the way it fit a .22, I think it might, but wouldn't want to say for sure....have to find somebody nearby with a 17.....

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    Next time I come out Id like to take a look at a bore with it if you don't mind sir . I have used Jason's Hawkeye bore scope and would like to see how it holds up compared to it , as I have been kinda thinking about taking the plunge into a unit like these
    Come check out our new website ! Click the link at the top of the page for Zombie Supply Canada

Also stop by our face book page and see what's new
    Don't forget all members get a GOC discount
    www.zombiesupplycanada.ca

Good idea.....I'd like to hear your impression of the two compared.....
    (Might be shooting later this week....with the grain farmer....will keep you posted.)

EM Precision Rifles stevesummit's Avatar
    I am stuck down in Hanna at the moment but let me know for sure , would love to come out
    Last edited by stevesummit; 10-20-2014 at 11:31 AM.
    Come check out our new website ! Click the link at the top of the page for Zombie Supply Canada

Also stop by our face book page and see what's new
    Don't forget all members get a GOC discount
    www.zombiesupplycanada.ca

Thanks for sharing!
    French Frank, not Euro trash.
    When in doubt, ask Steve!

Has anyone seen or heard of someone using something like this?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dia-5-5mm-US...item3ce46e0dbd
    I'm thinking of trying a $50 experiment. I don't neeeed to know what a couple of bores look like, but it would be nice.
    Maybe after seeing, I might wish I hadn't looked?

Had one of these on my wish list for a while now, but I've always been leery of the advertised claims regarding outside diameter.

When I had the chance to try an in-stock model at my LGS by dropping it into the barrel of a .22, I coughed up $85 tax incl for it.

That's not really such a bad deal for knowing that it fits, and for the simple return process if the unit is defective... without even contemplating the exchange rate and shipping

The problem I am experiencing is in software. My 5 yr old cellphone runs Android v4.0.4 and that's all I get. No possibility of updating beyond that. It works for 99% of what I do, so I really can't justify the $$$ to change it.
    The instruction leaflet that came with the borescope says to install this app called CamerFi and that Android v4.0 is all that's required to run it, so I figure it's all good and I buy the thing.

Later on when I'm trying to install the app, I find that v4.1 is required. Searching for an older version turns up nothing useable. I mean, I can find older versions, but they all want v4.1 .

For most alternative apps I can find, v4.1 is the minimum requirement and even the app on the borescope maker's site (recommended by their tech support) requires v4.3 so I am looking at returning the unit as unuseable, given that a new cellphone just isn't happening this year.

Anyone using an older app that can share the source? TIA

For curiosity I tried it with a .177 pellet gun but it wouldn't go, hope that helps with the .17 question

https://whitetailr.com/product/snakeeye-camera/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast